Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Valantine’s Day! Some fun memories come back to me.. from the grade school days. Unlike the tradition here in US (where kids prepare a heart-shaped cars for everybody in their class kinda thing) it was more like ‘exclusively’ the day for girls confess her love for boys (well, different era..right?) back in Japan. Fun times!

Geo - yep some of us have been putting only mediocre efforts when we call “workouts” in front of tv....

didn’t post yesterday... 5.5 miles after work - it was horrible due to headache and veryhigh perceived efforts and felt like I would pass out when I was done. Started wondering if Amitriptyline was in fact helping with my headache. I will give another week and determine if I go back to resume taking it...

2-hrs snowshoeing with DH while light snow was coming down. Saw nobody once started. Listed to the impeachment trail live. What an entertainment... surprised to hear what Mchnell had to say after but nonetheless sad about spineless representatives.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Egads, Yo - that sounds like the sort of day humiliating memories are made of! You must have been a confident young girl. And I'm with you on the spineless jellyfish in congress. Ugh.

Today was another Zwift day, doing a make-up day to complete the Tour de Zwift (new virtual kit - woot!). 26.7 miles on a rolling course, in 1:04:36 (24.7 mph). Different in that I got dropped by the lead 8 riders a little over half-way through, but was not caught by anyone behind me - so ended up riding the last half basically alone - but guess it was good not to be caught by a chasing pack, so must have been maintaining a decent effort. Think I was 9th out of 111 riders - so not bad. Also did 4 miles or so warm up for 30+ on the day. Oh - and 40 minutes snow-shoeing with the dog (twice) - so 80 minutes total.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, Geo, totally not. A year after year in a grade school, I was among a quite a few girls who fell for a popular boy at that time and was totally ignored. Just funny, looking back.

Sounds like an impression showing in your virtual race world. I am sure those good hard efforts are what help to keep older riders strong!!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Outdoor play day (and grocery shopping and other non-valentine-y things). Couple of 35-40 minute snowshoe sessions with the dog, and a jaunt down a local river for about 1:15 on x-country skis. Probably a bit over 5 miles total? Did run into a bagelry biker (he on a fat bike), so stopped to chat for a bit, which was nice - as I don't see too many people these days. Now for a hot shower and lazy evening...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts