Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Great weekend here, and I hope you all had a great one too. I know of at least two others on here who had good weekends, as I got to spend some time with them (LRR & GG)!

Long Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 11+ mile technical trail run with 4 others in 2 hours. Hot and humid.

Sunday: 7 mile road run with Andyman while pushing the boy. Humid.

Monday: 5.5 mile solo trail run with equal parts tempo. Wore a new pair of shoes with exceptional grip, so the wet roots and roots were smoothed over as if dry.

Tuesday: 5.65 mile social run with 4 others.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Week 16 IMFL training plan brings a recovery week, so this morning was a 1 mile run and a 2200yd swim of:
400 warm up,
300 drill,
5x100 base intervals,
3x200 threshold intervals,
400 cool down.

Afternoon will be a 20 mile ride with 26 minutes in Z3, the rest will be Z2.

Have a great day!!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
1.5 mile walk with the stroller kid after dropping DS off at pre-K. He is growing up so fast! And in the coughing saga, I actually got some sleep last night. There is hope!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhh, September. Another month for another ab challenge. Throw in all of my hip work and I've got 30 minutes of this every day!!!!
And today also brings an easy 2 or so mile run and a trip to the massage therapist. It'll be interesting to see what she says today because I've been feeling pretty darn good even with some harder efforts.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Hi gang! Went on vacation early August and haven't been back since! oops!

But have been working out...getting ready for the RIZO ride (gulp) and trying to get back to abs & weights....so....

1000 yds in the pool today...off to a massage...ahhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Weekend Recap:
Friday night - raced the sailboat from Chicago to St Joseph, MI overnight. Just under 6 hours, although the big boats got there in less than 4 hours. Finished 6 out of 16 in our class.
Saturday - Lots of partying in St Joe. Our fleet fired up the gas-powered blender. Nuff said.
Sunday - raced back to Chicago. Finished 13 out of 14 boats. :confused: Still a beautiful day to be on the lake.
Monday - Re-engineered our sump pump. I now know more about how sump pumps and toilets work than I ever wanted (the toilet knowledge comes from previous problems, not the one this weekend).

Today - met Tim and Rick for a 12 mile run. Tim is battling plantar fasciitis, but trying to limp his way through training to our marathon in 3 weeks.

Have a great week, multisport-peeps!
Mike

·
Registered
798 Posts
I tried to do some hill repeats today at noon. But, it was hot and humid , and my legs felt totally dead. I finished after three, not wanting to kill myself for later in the week! Happy short week, everyone!

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Good to see you back zoj!

5mile run, yep humid and felt totally dead.
then 1hr barre class in the evening. Drenched in sweat. Love this class. A good focus on posture, strength, and graceness. A big time respect for dancers' athleticism.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'm not sure if its hot or I am just hot but its been too hot to sleep well. The short week has mixed up meetings schedules so I swam today only @ 1.75 miles but I was doing circles around some older slower swimmers so maybe it was more? Flat but full of current and sea lions!

I am also working on something with my professional association. Although not ready for prime time yet it is ready for more viewers so if you are interested in complex problems and modeling take a look-http://collaboratum.bbii-enterprises.com/twiki/bin/view/SeaLion/WebHome there's sea lions and humans and engineering! I've been leading the team and we have a few presentations coming up on the west coast. Just figuring out how to operate as a group has been a big learning experience!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts