Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed the Pats game, but guess Zappe did well when he came in? Still quite the loss.

On the trainer for 30 minutes FIB some weights. Usual dog walk in the morning.

Yeah, higher end ski stuff is pricey esp when you aren't a ski instructor ... both DH and DS do get some discounts for equipment which is nice, but didn't apply to my boots. Oh well.

Speaking of DH, he is finally getting his veins taken care of tomorrow. The trick is going to be to keep him on the couch for two days. Need to find some super duct tape...

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
They didn't look particularly good, Zoj... How's your DD doing now she's back? And think I missed something re DH, but getting veins taken care of sounds good...

19 miles on the trainer for me. Joined one of those pace groups with a "bot" leader ... helped to keep effort fairly steady/consistent. Started to stream 80's music to add a little extra oomph to the workout :)

geo

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I guess I missed your DH’s vein situation… hope all go well.

80’s music always gives us oomph we need when we do tough or boring hike!

SB - I know what you mean about the current messing up the strike flaws. When I got back to a first swim in 5 months And that was ows in a rough water, my shoulder took a beaten.

I’m in Beatrice NE, 1.5hrs south of Omaha for work. First time ever in NE. It doesn’t look like I have enough time to enjoy a Omaha steak during this visit. But hoping to visit the Homestead national historic site.

Today’s workout included 20 minutes running in the Chicago O’hare airport to catch the second leg. And 40min walking on a hotel TM while catching up with work emails.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yo that was likely an anerobic workout (20 min run in the airport). I had stupid footwear choice round 2 today. First a morning check in and then finished my strength workout training @ 1.5 hours (and still debating if I want the next cycle to be 2x or 3x per week). After sitting and workign for a few hours I felt quite sore and offered to meet A with some garden tomatoes half way to my house, its @ 2.5 miles between us by road but much shorter cross country. We met on the road I had opted for my broken down Gore-Tex Cascadia's as they block the wind. We walked and talked checking out something in the area then goign back past her house, since that's 1/2 way up the slope I decided to walk up the dirt road and across the slope to get home. We had just talked about wanting our ice bug shoes because they are warm but not wanting to have the studs on the blacktop. SO of course near the top of the dirt road I hit ice in a gully slid down and fell crashing my ribs into my bear spray can. It was so slippery I had trouble getting out of my gully! My huffing and puffing on exclamations of ow owwie scared off 2 blakc bears who went hurtling into the sage scrub. If I had the ice bug shoes..no problem. So When I finished limping home wiht 4 miles of walking I threw out the broken down Cascadia's and got out the ice bugs. I loved Cascadia's until the 16 which has a nasty narrow toebox so I sent them back and kept wearing these old semi-broken 14's. Perhaps its better to wear out the studs and just use icebugs when its not summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts