Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how, HOW did I drop off like that?!?!? yeesh.

Anyway PT 2x week for the next several weeks for my left knee...getting better and said I could run as long as it doesn't make it swell more. most of the swelling is gone, but some still there. So have been hitting the pool and the trainer. I will run tomorrow.

I agree - sometimes I feel so helpless with my environmental efforts, but every little bit helps...esp. for the future generations. I don't understand how people can be so complacent - we only have one planet. We have lead in our water from the pipes at the condo, so do use bottled water there (cannot get that out), but love my well water at our house!

Yo - hope you get some answers. I suffered from constant nagging headaches for over 2 years and then one day they were gone. No rhyme or reason, tho we suspect hormonal changes were most likely the cause.

Geo - I would take an 8:45 pace for a 1/2 mary ANY DAY!! Nicely done!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
SB - ha I might be one of those modern suburbians. Water filter is a good idea! Hmm a chance of snow in Sept…. I’m still torn between the cirque of the tower or Grand Teton itself (Death Canyon, Paint Brush etc area loop) .. Any opinion? Which has a higher chance to run into bears??

Zoj - I’m hoping one day my headache/foggie brain is gone..!

2-mile walk. Then 2100yd swim. I decided to go back to focus on some fundamental technique drills as I’m not getting faster in spite of consistent swims. Still 1-hr in a pool. Lots of sculling and one arm drills.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Still gimping along from the Sunday run. Figure it's just about time to get back on the trainer... DD is coming home for a good stretch at Thanksgiving, and then again at Xmas - so maybe a few runs then - but otherwise I foresee a long winter indoors besides x-country and snowshoe when the white stuff finally arrives... Strange not to be riding still - except on the weekends, but not having a commute or a mileage goal makes it harder to face the cold that you just braved Yo! (even though I've got most of the gear). Still ... hopefully will get out for a couple more non-Bagelry rides, and maybe even tackle the dark for old times sake... At any rate - no workout today.

Geo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the fastest way to reduce inflammation in the knee?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I know this is last week's post but I fell behind.
SB - ha I might be one of those modern suburbians. Water filter is a good idea! Hmm a chance of snow in Sept…. I’m still torn between the cirque of the tower or Grand Teton itself (Death Canyon, Paint Brush etc area loop) .. Any opinion? Which has a higher chance to run into bears??
Both areas have become pretty popular, so not too much chance of bears on the trail but too many sloppy campers could put popular camping spots at risk and for that the Tetons seem to have more issues than the Winds. Overall at that time of year protect your food and make noise and you should be fine. You need a permit for Grand Teton so that may impact your decision as I think you have to get it some time in advance to be sure of dates, perhaps that will impact your decision. The real problem is that all of these places are so gorgeous you can't go wrong so which is right? I struggle with this all the time. You might also look carefully to see what routes will comfortably allow acclimatization since you are coming from the low lands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts