Kick Runners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to start the day! Wave to Barb up there!

Way to go Julie and Thor, to run in a cold rain. I am with kaiser - I don't like cold & rain combo.

Kaiser - do you cover your shoes with something or wear some kind of gators to run in snow?

Julie - thx for your encouragement. Will see how my body handles the increasing volume. Prob peek at mid-50's, which I have done before.....

I totally wimped out with a thought of doing a track workout under teens/24mph wind during a lunch time. So headed out to a gym dreadmill for a speed work. 6mile total with 1200m at 8min/mi pace with 400m recovery x 4. Subscribed pace for the 1200m is 10k pace. I have no idea right now my 10k pace is. 8min/mi is not a killer pace. The idea of the Hanson's plan is doing the 3 key workouts with 'comulative fatigue'. So far so good. But my 'commulative fatigue' is only one-week worth....

Busy evening ahead. Parent meeting for Winter sports at kids' HS, then, Fall sports recognition, then XC team dinner. All for DS. He was going to take a break from sports in winter, but decided to give a shot to ..... wrestling..... he is a tae kwong doo black belt so I am sure he will do well. But I am not too crazy about the meets hours. DD did the stats last year and she was out 6am to 10pm on some Sat meets.... yikes. Let's hope I can find an indoor track at the High schools he wrestles......

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
3 mile warm up run, followed by strength training. I have a feeling I'm gonna be very sore the rest of this week. Haven't done consistent strength training for a while.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
5k on the treadmill this morning. I'm trying to find my sweet spot with run/walk intervals. I'm not sure I've found it yet, but I'm getting closer. The speed variable of the run is key. Hip behaved until the last run interval, so that's a plus.

Frigid temps heading your way NE peeps!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Sparty and Kaiser: You all can hang onto those frigid temps TYVM
Yoshi: My older N wrestles and likes it a ton but my sister (his mom) cannot even go to the matches and watch. Just an FYI and something to think about.

50 on elliptical this a.m. FIB leg strength work. Was good for 2 weeks and then fell off the wagon last week. Like X I anticipate some soreness but do need to get back to this aspect of training.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Unintended DOR for me. Was going to bike commute until DD came in from warming up car and said there was black ice all over and she'd heard of lots of accidents ... Figured I'd play it safe (as much of commute is shady) - so shoved the bike in the car for a lunch ride instead. 60+ minutes for a 10 mile commute later - looks like I'll be skipping the lunch ride as well. Hate the mornings it feels like I'm commuting on an LA freeway!

Sounds like you'll be busy with school sports, Yo! DD just started HS swim practice this week (not recovered enough from surgery to do club swimming yet) .... with a couple of weekly 5AM practices, I'm sure glad she has a license now!

Geo.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Unintended DOR for me. Was going to bike commute until DD came in from warming up car and said there was black ice all over and she'd heard of lots of accidents ... Figured I'd play it safe (as much of commute is shady) - so shoved the bike in the car for a lunch ride instead. 60+ minutes for a 10 mile commute later - looks like I'll be skipping the lunch ride as well. Hate the mornings it feels like I'm commuting on an LA freeway!

Sounds like you'll be busy with school sports, Yo! DD just started HS swim practice this week (not recovered enough from surgery to do club swimming yet) .... with a couple of weekly 5AM practices, I'm sure glad she has a license now!

Geo.
Was thinking about her the other day when a friend was diagnosed with potentially compartment syndrome in calf and was hoping she was doing well and recovering nicely.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Miss you Barb. Very much.

The fun never let's up. One more unexpected and very unwelcome hurdle to moving into the new house.

Reg: We must've been just below that freezing line. I thought we'd encounter black ice but thankfully the temps were just high enough.

Me...

5.65 mile run early this morning.

Later!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
2 bike rides left to make my IM distance by Friday in memory of TASM. She would like the sun we have today but even here its chilly. On any other week I'd swim today but lets see what interesting new routes I can find to ride over a long lunch.

I'll have to pick up the riding spirit from Geo, no ice here!
Was it sparty who had the foot video/routine? Could you share it with the rest of us, these land-based sports are leaving me sore and stiff in all sorts of places.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Unplanned day off yesterday as I traveled to Cali from Boston - work got in the way of my planned weight workout. harrumph...oh and I turned into a 16 hour work day and I didn't get to the hotel until 3:00 am EST. blech.

DID get my weights in this am and some time on the stat bike...not much to the hotel fitness center but better than nothing.

I did get a good 4.8 mile run in on Sunday. :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thank you Sparty!
I limped through a 45 mile ride my Mermaid finished the 26.2 run for me. I think I have either 12 or 22 ride miles left I must recheck the log. I think of Barb over every mile but my body will be glad to finish this up, I'm not in iron shape at the moment.

zo-I don't suppose that's so cal you had to go to??

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
4.25 mi run in the sunlight. Felt it was rather windy out. I warmed up after a bit, but feels like my face has got some windburn.

90 min on the trainer this evening. 30 min of aerobic endurance between 60-70% FTP and then 60 min that included 3 sets of ascending-intensity/descending-duration VO2max repeats. Fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts