Kick Runners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

MQ: **** that hip!

Yoshi: Good on you for ending your mtb season and starting up the marathon stuff.

Me...

5.65 mile run early in the morning with 3 others. Easy run but a little faster than normal. Body not too good here with the dead legs. Iron Strength may not be helping, but it's been fun doing these killer workouts. More today!

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Hi folks! Many thanks to all of our veterans!

No school today meant that I could go to 6:30am masters instead of 5:30am. The coach made a special military swim workout that included 2x50 tossing a 6lb medicine ball back and forth with a partner. Using fins kept me from swallowing the entire pool and drowning. I still need to do 60' on the trainer and an easy 35' run.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
45 min on the elliptical for me. Swimming after work with Robin. Yay! Last time I swam regularly with her I became a better swimmer.

With today being a holiday for many commute was easy breezy and for that I am thankful.

Thanks for the thoughts on the hip. Need to get better at dedicating the time required for self care. I feel like I am slowly working my way back to the positive aspects and traits of crazy workout Terry of 2006.

Thanks to our military personnel and veterans. I could not do what it is you do and they did and I am impressed all the time with our armed forces. Thanks Tri-Tammy for your kids service!

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Special thanks and thoughts to the military personnel and veterans. And their families.

MQ/Sparty - hope to hear some good news about your hips soon.
ksurp - sounds like a crazy pool workout.
Barb - still sending tons of positive thoughts to your way. And hugs.

5mile with DH who was working from home. Barre class later.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
TASM-think about you at every workout, swam at the shores today where I took you once
MQ &Sparty, need some hip magic. One of my friends swears by breast stroke kick to build the muscles most neglected in the hip (for tri athletes)
As with MQ I am trying to return to the heavy workout load and slimmer frame of 2004 instead of the slog of marathon swimming alone. Yesterday I gave in to the desire and threw in a 10 mile flat ride. My saddle area is not all the way healed and I didn't use "chammy butter" for such a short ride so 10 was plenty of saddle time but my legs wanted MORE. It did loosen up the tight part of my lower back :)
Today a 2.5 mile calm OW swim accompanied by a sea turtle for one stretch! Also managed to spot some leopard sharks (late in the season). Here's your PSA for the say: My usual weekday swim companion was out. I had urged him to have ean odd spot on his skin looked at and he gave in to my nagging this am, the dermatologist said skin cancer and cut it out. THat same derm tells me as swimmers its our responsibility to watch eachother's backs and legs since we're at high risk.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
MQ and SwimmerBee - love that you both are wanting more and going for it.
Cak - how are you feeling?
Ksurp - what's on tap for 2015?

Took advantage of the last 'warm' day of the year and took the stroller kid out for a run/walk (2.5 miles). Hip behaved for the most part. PT type exercises after, foam rolling tonight.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I ended up swimming 1700 with Robin after work. Time flew by and I remembered again why I enjoy swimming with her. What a great swim. I was able to stay at her hip or calf level each length so not really falling behind on pace so far. yay!

TASM: Pulling for you. You'll be pulling for yourself again soon.
Swimmerbee: Thanks for the advice. Will try that when the lanes are not crowded for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts