Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey!

2mile lunch time walk. Then hit a singletrack after work. The trail was a mixture of dry dirt and crunch ice/snow and great FUN :) I took my fattie. She did well.

DD came home from Japan. Now two weeks to move to DC, with one more trip in between (Omaha?)

· Registered
1,699 Posts
I had a good ski on sunday during the race I decided not to do this year. It was -10 for the race start and I was glad to be touring instead we still covered 7 miles. On the 100 miler although no SAR response was needed most racers were taken off the course by snow mobile only 7 finishers...
For the last few weeks B and I have been tossing around out Buckskin Canyon (Az) backpack plans. We had permits for March 28 but the conditions kept looking too wet, too snowy and too cold then it began to warm up. We had just agreed to cancel our permits (there were lots of other twists and turns since we first managed to get them) but with the warming we thought we'd cautiously watch a bit longer. Of course yesterday's news came of rescues and disaster in that canyon so this morning I sent in the official cancellation for our permits. We'll try again in the fall. I hope this isnt' foreshadowing of what will happen with summer plans. Locally avalanche risk is extreme so I'm goign to be doing "boring road skiing" for a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts