Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - looks like a fun weekend!

In the pool at lunch today - forgot my Timex so used my apple watch...which is so difficult for swimming. Essentially did 300 yd repeats for about 1200 yds.

Taper kind of week, for race on Sunday....

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Woohoo, racing weekend!!

30min on a borrowed fat bike to a local bike shop to have a mechanic look over to make sure riding in water didn’t do any damage (which didn’t). After work was, 0.5mile walk to a lake, about 1400yds swim (lots of breast stroke and back). Perfect swim weather under high 90’s temp. Boy, I got to do something about this left shoulder. Not able to swim and enjoy ows makes me sad.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
What a fun looking weekend, Yo! And yes - very tropical looking for the central US.

Good luck with the race, Zoj!

Cold had me out of commission Sat/Sun, and just barely energetic enough to do household stuff yesterday. Feeling more with it today, but suspect I'll be taking tomorrow off as well ... maybe attempt a shorter ride after work, and commute in on Thursday. Off the coming weekend for a mid-Atlantic road trip to help DD move some stuff back up here, and visit DS on the way home. Looking forward to it, except the long car rides.

Speaking of DD ...Surprise news from her is that she intends to stay in the UK for at least a year beyond the grad school. Not sure how we missed that when the grad school conversation came up! So ... could be an extended absence.

Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts