Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I managed 4 miles at an easy run/walk pace in 45 min.<br><br>
Today the legs felt good so I managed an hour on the TM with 34 min at 9:30 pace and the rest either speeding up or slowing down. 6 miles total for avg pace of 10:00. This was supposed to be a threshold run, and I believe I was close with HR at 87% of max during the 34 min. But the pace is much slower than I am used to at threshold, which I think is due in part to the treadmill run rather than outdoors. I seem to run faster at the same HR outdoors.<br><br>
My daughter ran 21 km yesterday, as she prepares for the Vancouver HM. She is doing well considering her XC team was only doing 8k long runs last fall. She will be ready I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Well still felt good today so I did a little more on the mill and less on the bike.<br><br>
15 min on the mill, still slow though.<br>
15 min on the bike.<br><br>
Odd thing is that for the past 2 days I have not been doing any stretching and still no achilles pain. ????

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Hills on the treadmill today...Yecch<br>
6 X quarter miles @ 5% @ 7.2 mph...with a walk break between to see if I was still alive.<br><br><br>
But it is a sign that I am back in training.<br><br>
Once I lose the 142 pounds of ugly fat I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am working on that too. Down to 204 from 221 last October. Looking for another 25 or so in order to run fast in Vancouver. I have been calorie counting in order to ensure I eat less than I burn. It's been working.<br><br>
Another 4 miles last night. Very easy run/walk while watching the news.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well it is begining to feel like winter if only for a few days. Temps were 24F with a stiff wind here on the coast of RI, so my pace had a "work warm" factor to it and I was back home in what seemed like no time.<br><br>
3.5 up and down Gravely Hill<br><br>
Di

1 - 6 of 6 Posts