Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usual morning walk with the beastie - almost killed myself on the ice on my street, but main road was fine. Worked on curbing her reaction to cars, which we need to do, so that's good.

45 min on the trainer. knee still tender, but that's to be expected.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Zoj - we all have to be very careful on ice! Glad you didn’t get hurt. DH fell two days ago, luckily no serious issues.

Geo - I loved McEnroe and Conners! I still remember staying up to watch their game at US open into midnight. I also was a big fan of Stefan Edberg :). I was a captain of the tennis team in college in my senior year while my sister was a freshman player (yeah we went to the same university),,, I do recall being very hard on her. Good times :).

2-mike walk and 5.5 mike run. At least I ran but headache got bad as time went on. Boo

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ice got me last tiem I was in jackson after getting my foot worked on, luckily all I did was get dirty and wet. Here in my area its nearly always packed snwo and I forget hwoever we had some weird weather on monday we had a crazy afternoon warm up form single digits to hihg 30's cuasing a melt out along the road.

I was out in ther afternoon skiing along the basin road (back country) it wasnt' the best expeirnce wiht snow suddenly sitcky and then bottomless marshmallow like went wiht ski buddy A and we stopped to put on glide wax all over the skis then struggled up at little more than 1.5 mph until we got to 8,500 feet where suddenly the snow turned powdery and we took off to the upper basin at 3-4 mph despite steep climbs on untracked deep snow, the "reward was so great we lingered until sunset coming bakc down in twilight to dark, easier for A who has skiied there since the 70's. Total of 7.5miles.

Tuesday I was to drive to jackson for follow up wiht the podiatrist. I awoke very ealry to the scream of the UPS (power supply) alarm as power flickered on and off and I realized we had high winds. So I got up to leave early then began to consider if this was sane as we were in a cloud of white. When the wind let up I finally drove to the post office but the wind came back and as I follwed the plow turck I saw it blown across the road. So I returned home. When I reached the doc's office at 9 the recpetionist said htey were reschdlign as the doc couldnt' make it up from his home in Idaho..the twists and turns of rural mountian living! I admit to doing little more than stretchign until near sunset when the wind clamed and I walked on the dirfted over road for a couple miles.

I have sometiems watched tennis I love the symmetry and explosive power but never really played much or followed a particular player. Yo I hoep the headaches settle!

My new poles were at the post office so now I will tyr them todaay/wed and report in a new thread, its taper week for the saturday race. Forecast is for 5-10 inches of snow friday night so we'll see I may have less of a penalty for using heavy back country gear than usual (all the "townie types have track skies)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts