Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a happy camper, as I got an early swim in, at a 30min-away high school pool. 3100yd :)
I made a 'reservation' for a lap swim lane at this school for yesterday (lap hours till 9am) - woke up at 6: something and drove on a snowy/slushy road, taking 15min longer than expected. It turned out the pool was closed due to a heater issue. Ugh. So I signed up for another swim this morning (had already signed up for Wed but needed two get in 2 swims this week!!). Dropped off DH at a train station (heading to Chicago to work with a client), headed to the swim, saw two friends I know. Good swim, though a few sec slower than all timed intervals.

Have you ever heard of a Broadway show called "Come From Away"? Another DD's recommendation (she saw it in NYC). I have been listening to the cast recording... SO GOOD!!! Check out this song. Come From Away - Me and The Sky (LIVE) - YouTube

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
After far too much time slacking, got on Zwift for 16 miles today. Decided I better wake up early to do it, because lack of enthusiam and being a slug seems to be the order of the day after work these days!

Xmas was a quiet - and thankfully non-Covid affair. My immediate fam (myself, DW, DD, DS) all tested negative with home kits before driving down to RI for an inlaw Xmas gathering. DD's parents decided not to attend - understandable, being old and immuno-compromised - but a little disappointing seeing as everyone was testing before gathering. Still - as everyone under the sun seems to be getting it, should be thankful that we got it in!

Other than that - all quiet around here. DS left after the gathering to return to Philly; DD is here for one more night, then flying back to DC tomorrow evening (so far, flight is still on - fingers crossed).

I haven't heard of that show ... will check out the video now..

And no experience with insulated skirts either....

geo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts