8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Back to reality for me. I'll catch up on other posts shortly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Christmas Weekend Recap...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Friday: 6 mile run with the Andyman. Great run for me and him with the conversation and fun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Saturday: 11.5 mile trail run with 7 friends in Rhode Island. I made the trek down to run with them. Fast crew. Most are 2:45 marathoners or under. There was a point where we were hammering along at probably 6:00 minute miles, with me holding on but still within reach. Was hard navigating the rocks and roots moving that fast in a train with that many. Top 10 fun runs of the year. Which is funny because Friday's run with Andyman was a Top 10 as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sunday: 4 mile skip about town with the wife. Fun Christmas run for us.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Monday: 7+ mile solo trail run at my favorite set of nearby trails. Heard a few gunshots but otherwise stayed safe.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tuesday: 5 mile semi-tempo run.</p>

· Registered
1,153 Posts
<p>Haven't been posting much in the daily...but will start up again this week!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sunday - annual Xmas morning run of 5 miles total - 1 mile with Bailey the wonder dog, and 4 miles pushing the little otters on what will probably be our last stroller run. Took a picture to commemorate the event.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Monday - a quadrathon of sorts...did p90x core synergenics (or whatever it's called), then took little otter A out on her new bike on the mile loop around our neighborhood, then came back and got the "are we going to run???" look from the dog, so took her for a mile. Thought I was done until I returned from the run and both little otters wanted to go out on their bikes...so jogged along side them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today - 4m early morning run with some sprints at the end. Was going to do it on the TM, but it doesn't like the cold and none of the buttons worked. So, ventured outside instead - should have worn gloves. Brrrr!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>have a great day all!</p>

· Registered
2,935 Posts
<p>Another 60 minutes of pond hockey this morning. It's tough because I'm the only non-hockey player trying to keep pace with my DH and DS both of whom play hockey all the time and other family friends who have all played at some point in their lives. I just try to move as fast as possible up and down the ice and try to make a decent pass or two. I need to learn how to skate backwards.  My legs are toasted and I have that happy tired all over feeling.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Friends of DH's family have a pond where they have been hosting these games for over 20 years. They even have lights and their own Zamboni.  I still remember the first Christmas when DH and I had just started dating and he brought me there to wobble around the ice with his sisters (both college hockey players) and the rest of his family. It is great we can continue this winter tradition with our boys.</p>

· Registered
8,486 Posts
<p>Thor - unimaginable to run taht fast on trail.  Great job to keep up with the crazy runners!</p>
<p>Jen - sad to hear your stroller run has come to end.  Does your stroller have a bike attachment?  Time to haul the kiddos behind your bike - that is another good exercise!</p>
<p>ksurp - cute strory!  Very impressed to be able to play ice hokey with *real* players.  Way to go, Mom! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had to do a speed work on TM due to wet slushy snow this morning.  7.5 mile total. 2mile WU, 5x1000m at "I" pace (6:53) with 3 min. recovery and abot 1.5mile C/D.  The first one was a bit shaky (I didn't do any strides) going from 9;30 pace to 6:53.  But got better.  Felt good.  Groin tightness persists....</p>
<p>In order to maintain 3x/wk swim, I should go back to the gym for a swim in the evening.... but not sure if I am up to it.  Though I enjoy holidays and time off at home, I do better with 'routines'.  When routines are out of the window (kids home all day, me not working), a few things tend to get pushed aside.  Oh. well.  I am enjoying it :)   </p>

· Registered
1,758 Posts
<p>Daily run. Tuesdays are always tough since I start work at 5 AM. Really busy today. Felt a bit tired after work, but picked up the pace a bit as I went. I'm off the next 2 days and maybe more snow/ice will melt and I can get in a decently paced run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>-----------------------------------------------</p>
<p>37m 44s - 4.15 miles - 09m 05s/Mi<br><br>
4:15 PM<br><br><br>
Equipment: Brooks Defyance 3<br><br>
Cool/upper 30s - Sunny and calm. Crawford/Puckett/Security/Kiva/Fontaine/Grinnell/Crawford/Upton/home. Short easy effort run. Roads and sidewalks were snow covered/slushy/icy bumps, but getting better every day. Stretching afterward.</p>

· Registered
1,852 Posts
<p>Strength and core, followed by 1 mile run this morning. Lots of slipping around in the slush, including DW's truck. Fortunately she's ok. Had she gone in the ditch 50 yds earlier, she'd have gone into a creek. </p>

· Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>after getting the fam home from grandma's house and unpacking, nabbed a quick 30min nap and a 60 min Mtb ride (on roads) for some base work. Nothing like using your Mtb to do the loop in "just about" your normal time on the road bike to get your HR going.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Trying to pay for the holiday indulgences.</p>

· Registered
4,312 Posts
<p>DOR for me today, but had a nice walk with DH and our 2 dogs and a good friend and their 2 dogs.  Down to the beach, along the beach, and through some woods.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Probably a good day to not do anything much since I ran on Sat, Sun, Mon (3.5+, 9.5+, 2.25).  I haven't run 3 days in a row in years.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No snow here yet.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.