Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got absolutely nothing. Felt like a slug all day long. No fun.

I saw a different doc at my primary care doc’s office. My weekend incident totally stumped him. He thought it was a heat exhaustion first but the more info I provided the more he was puzzled. Sent me for blood work and told me not to do the 5k swim race this weekend :(.

Hope your week is going better than mine!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yo - Follow your doctor's orders! I don't have any insight. Heat exhaustion/stroke for me leads to chills and sweat - but nothing like what you described. I know we've talked about Lyme before (and I know you've been tested) - but it still is a candidate for all sorts of bodily weirdness - including paralysis. I assume you've googled just about everything.

I ended up going for a solo ride. Meant to be a shop ride, but only the owner was there - so he decided to stay and work. I did an easy loop around the bay (maybe 27 miles) - but no energy and sloww.... Today (Wednesday) did nothing (heat); tomorrow doing nothing (heat and hosting music club) - so may run on Friday short and ride Saturday.

Oh - and beyond getting the kayaks and racks on the cars, there was no progress made toward that either. Also in the "maybe this weekend" camp.

DW's sister is hanging in - but barely. Hospice is at the house - and no further treatments. At least she'll be able to get pain meds now.

geo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts