Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sparty- It's nice to be back and I wish I could post more and not fall off the radar for long spurts. Work is still busy, but I figure that work is not my life, I work so I can do the things I want to do, I don't live to work. So, with that attitude, I pretty much sign up for whatever races I want to and if someone tries to plan something for that particular weekend, I'll tell them, sorry I already have plans and will be unavailable. Since the boss over my division is a marathoner and soon to be ultra marathoner, he's very understanding. He's actually taken the time to come cheer me on at a few races, even though they were over an hour away. :)

This morning was an 1800yd swim straight through. It went very well thanks to one of the lifeguards at the Y, who is also a swim coach. She noticed a small flaw in my stroke on Monday that I was able to correct pretty quickly and I showed significant improvement (meaning, I swam a pace that I was a few years ago when I was in my prime, without straining to do so like I have recently). This afternoon will be a 15 mile interval trainer ride, followed by core. Below is my swim from this morning. Have a great day!!

5:59.6 - 400 warm up,
14:58.9 - 1000 straight,
6:25.5 - 400 cool down,
27:24.0 - total.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
X: Nice swim. I NEED to get to the pool soon. My first tri is June 20.

Me: Spin class. Taking my bike in for it's annual tune up tomorrow. Dreaming of outdoor rides. This "spring" hasn't sprung yet lol

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Sparty: It's so true what you say that a weekend spent around the negative energy of people who do not have that healthy of a relationship -- or at least don't communicate well -- really makes you come away with a better understanding that your relationship is pretty darn good. This happens to Heather and I quite a bit. In a good way!

Julie: Thanks for the great words on the Easter bunny pics. It was really funny because C was doing so well as we stood on line. We had asked, "Do you want to talk to the Easter Bunny?" And he did. For a good 20 minutes on line he was very good and seemed to be talking himself up for it. Then when we were like 30 seconds away, when we had to step up, he lost it. I wasn't sure if I should just say, thanks, but no thanks, and carry him out or not, so I decided to sit with him next to the Easter Bunny, thinking if I were there and he in my lap he would calm down. Nope. :) Pour kid. I wound up in the Santa picture this past Christmas for the same reason!

Reg: DD's (mine) college trip? Gulp. But you're right. I mean, I am already seeing how fast time goes. It really is crazy. But I love it. I'm having so much fun. I suppose it's easy that my kids are good. I'll have a mid life crisis the day I realize my kids don't look at me as god any longer. Then again, who knows. I do tend to enjoy the phase of life I'm in. But ****, I'd imagine that will be hard. I tell Camden all the time -- dude, you're stuck with me. For life! He says, "for life." The day I worry is when he says it with a question mark at the end. :)

Me...

7 mile social run early this morning with one other. Three of the regulars bailed this morning, so it was me and a faster guy. We put down a pretty healthy run. Probably the fastest time for this route in 15+ years. Guessing we averaged around 7:30.

No double today. I'm beginning my taper. I really have just one more quality workout and perhaps another at week's end. And then Boston!

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Afternoon all!

40 minutes ellipticating at 6:28 ellipti-pace (usual 40-75% resistance at 5 min increments). Good to huff and puff ...

I'm with you Julie! (dreaming of outdoor rides). Rumor has it that group riding may be starting up this weekend. More huffing and puffing likely :)

Also bought a beater bike for DS (old Shogun mid-80's steel). Might actually try my hand at some fixing up myself, because the brakes are definitely not road-worthy. Thinking I might be able to replace those myself ... Frame is good though, and wheels/shifting seem pretty good. Will have to replace the 30 year old rubber and get my LBS to check the headset/bottom bracket various other places...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
MEXICO

Got to airport later than we should have and B forgot his carry on luggage. Luckily another group was arriving the next day and were able to pick up the carry on at the house that my brother was kind enough to go over and get and leave outside for pick up. Good thing since it had H's meds in it and he needed it. Blessed by good friends who can think on their feet. Jocelyn the problem solver and party planner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts