Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, I used quotes as she is online through TriDot and was provided as part of my CLASH entrance win. We haven't interacted much as I am training for a sprint, have been doing sufficient workouts each week and since I have been doing this for 20+ years, I pretty much know how to get the training in. Honestly, tho, the amount of training that the TriDot program has for a sprint is overkill. 3-4 runs per week at 45 min to an hour, 2-3 swims per week at an hour and 3 rides per week, minimum of an hour. Plus a BRICK each week. The amount of time running and swimming is excessive and I didn't even train that much for my HIMs! lol The bike is the only discipline that is sensible. I spoke with her back in late July and once in August via zoom. Since then it has been messages about my workouts - but only if I send them. :)

Outside today on the bike! Figured it would be good to see how my outdoor legs were given all the time on the trainer. 60 degree and sunny weather in November? a bit windy, which kind of sucked, but overall a decent ride. 11 miles done.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yes - I need that kick in the pants, SBee!

And you're right, Zoj - glorious day to be out there for this time of year (which, naturally I did not do ... but hey! You've still got a race coming up).

And Yo - even though I just bought a new light ('cos my one from last year crapped out while charging), I still haven't ventured out in the dark on the bike this year (boo!). Honestly, there's something pretty special about riding through silvery moonlit woods (even on the road).

BUT..... I did actually plop my bike on the trainer, and managed to rode through London streets about 30 mins/10 miles. Go me... Kind of looking forward to checking out the new Zwift Japan-style world, but it wasn't available to ride today.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
SB - thank you for your offer - we may take up on that, barn loft sounds good! And boy the steroid treatment sounds really rough.

Zoj - good on you taking advantage of a nice weather! Cool, the race entry provided a “coach” in case something new comes up after skiing this sports for so many years…. Take advantage of it :).

Geo - yes it is beautiful to ride under a bright moon (and a watchful eyes of owls) but certainly too spooky to ride by myself tho. Especially in the woods. No way. And I’m sure you will get back into the Zwift world and ride solidly this winter season. So is there a route in Japan on Zwift? Sounds interesting I wonder where….

2-mile walk during lunch. And 5-mile run turned into walk. So… Doc called me fo tell me all my tests were negative and clean bill of health. She can’t think of any reasons why I feel the way I feel during a run, other than that may be my new normal and limit. I kinda feel the same way :(. Keeping the headache at bay (naproxen before run) is all there to do. And about my leg pain - she thinks that’s sciatica:(. Quite discouraging and sad. Thus a run turned into just a walk in defeat and pain.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yo I wonder but have no goo data if the problem is nerve related. I have all sorts of nerve entrapment issues as do others I know they are not "named" nerves or major nerves so they are hard to find. A couple of friends and i just collaborated on what we've learned about plain old breathing exercises related to this. Several of us take various off label meds from fancy neuros (like low dose naltraxone, Neurontin and OTC Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) and then we all seem to be working at movement therapies it seems like we are all too good at doing exactly what we were told with breath and movement but its working against us now, the mention of the leg pain got me wondering if you are in the same boat.

The barn is ready for you or it will be!
A steroid treatment twist: severe muscle cramps and spasms late last night after I drove through a snowstorm home, took electrolytes and went to sleep but am now waiting for further instructions and am pretty scared about the whole thing frankly.

If this will let up I really would like to get my gravel bike out for a few last rides while the snow isn't deep. We shall see..

Geo-I am counting on you to work "with" me to resume our routines when I am recovered. Do you have any fun events you would like to be in good enough shape for in 2022? Perhaps a century ride? somewhere new? I know we were all holding on to fitness and motivation through the shutdowns but then the end has been fuzzy, half open half closed and so its hard to feel we are out the other side or ready to focus on an unknown future. Still we have to individually carve out a future and hope and drive. That's my motivational speech for today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts