Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A standing Tuesday 12:30 meeting, means I am on the trainer at 11:30! Tried out some new shorts today - Primal brand black label. They say they are a "Standard" fit, but more compression like than I am used to. BUT they held up well during my 45 min trainer session today. I just ordered a couple more pairs to try...all on sale at $50 or so. :)

SB - congrats on 3rd place!

Geo - hope your fridge is ok

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
A little Youtube and the fridge is fine. Just a matter of taking a few parts off the freezer and chipping away and defrosting the drain hole with a hair dryer; bonus is the fridge is nice and clean! The fridge is 20 yo (purchased when we built the house), so I do expect it to give up the ghost at some point.

And thanks for the SIL wishes and thoughts. Unfortunately has a cancer that is prob. terminal; in hospital in the hopes of extending lifespan a bit with stem cell treatments. So yes - sad and stressful.

Today was Zwifting for 20 miles - first 11 were a time trial race (released from pens at 3 second intervals; no draft) - 26:05 - 25.3 mph; last 9 were recovery for 20 miles total in 51:30 or so...

geo

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Zoj - sounds like you found a pair you like!

Geo - we have had our share of refrigerator issues. I don’t know how we survived without YouTube before its era.

SB - the shop is called Cross Country Ski headquarter bear Grayling MI. Saw quite a bit of signed posters of seemingly well known athletes so looks very legit. The shop may know some European brands of 3-pin shoes. And Subaru.... did I share my father was a life-long Subaru engineer? He was a brand-new engineer when Subaru was first developing an economy car that Mia cheap enough every middle class Japanese family could afford (eventual Subaru 360) and involved in an durability testing at foothills of Mt. Fuji. A story goes that every ounce of the vehicle weight mattered to make a newly developed suspension coil(?) survive this severe test and he was told to remove all his clothes but underwear by his senior engineer. He was interviewed by NHK (like BBC of UK) when they were putting a series called “Project X” focusing on the “men behind the scenes of the dramatic recovery from the war and rapid economic growths of Japan”. And his name even appears on the book version of this series. :). Anyway a long way to say I’m a big fan of the Subaru vehicles. Unfortunate we own zero Subaru right now.

2-mile walk during lunch and 65min dirt road ride after work.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yo-very interesting about the subarus, my parents bought subarus early in the US and that's what I learned on after originally learnign how to drive a tractor. I can imagine testing one out in your underwear, in my career I've been hauled up on cables to prepare for demosntraitons, had to crawl under floor boards on a sub etc a combination of hazing and bieng the smallest engieer on the project! I never have gotten to work wiht subaru but I did start out supporting GM and then briefly Saab and a contractor. I iwll ahve to step up my subaru ownership to make up for your lack :)

I also checked out the shop and will keep them on my list for equipment buying!

ZOj-its so hard to find cycling clothing that fits athletic women! Good for you.

Geo-it feels great to fix appliances keep it up!

I got in an easy 3 mile x-c ski, pace was easy ocndiitons on the snowmachine trial kind of sucked as we've had some surface melt conditions and hte snowmachines leave a lot of deep groves and ice balls in their wake when its like this! I had my first SAR meeting as an associate in the evening and then enouctered wolves just standing on the road not yeilding to me (in my car) on the way home.

I may have sourced the final missing part (hoping its final) for the EP....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts