Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Zoj - glad the RtHB was a success ... great pic!

Lost weekend for me. Picked up minivan on Friday Night. Drove 8 or 9 hours to DC on Saturday, packed the minivan, went out to eat, went to bed. Drove 8 or 9 hours back to NH on Sunday, returned the minivan, went to bed. Monday was a recover from the weekend day.

Today I commuted in the 36 miles/RT ... morning was good ... cool and I basically hit 19 mph over the 16 or so miles. Go me. Afternoon was hot, and slower (not quite 17, but bad roads were partly to blame). Chased a couple of rabbits for a bit (did not catch them) - but the end of the ride was just easy.

Afraid tomorrow is a wash as well - but for fun reasons (hosting music club, so have to clean a bit and cook ... taking the afternoon off work). Thursday also might be iffy if we end up going to an outdoor play. So ... all-in-all, not shaping up to be a great exercise week...

geo.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
But sounds like a good week nonetheless! So was a DC trip to move DD from her place? When are you heading to UK? Exciting!!

35miles on dirt/paved rd. Rode my J-man from home to a meetup place for a G3 ride. About 8 miles. Then rode with 4 girls for a while then peeled off to go home. Boy, I felt like bonked after leaving them. I have cut off bread from my diet, no particular reason other than I didn’t like the feeling of “I have to have a slice”. Have lost two lbs… I wonder if that had anything to do with the feeling of totally depleted. I still eat pasta, noodles etc.

Another Q - when a new chain says 114 links it should have 114 links right? I ordered SRAM pc1110 from Amazon. It had two links shorter than the chain I wanted to replace (put them side by side). I thought I got counterfeit so I returned it and purchased one from LBS. well, it had the same links as the one from Amazon. WTH. I put it on my bike anyway and it works perfectly fine. WTH? So I didn’t need the extra two links that my previous chain had??!! Would the shorter chain wear some other Compondnts faster??

I also ride my Pony 6miles to pick up the above chain from a LBS during lunch time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts