Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing but sitting in a mind-numbing class all day...sigh. But did take the pup for a mile walk when I got home.

SB - I am only in the office 3 days this week and then will be back working from home. Thank God!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yes - the traffic has really picked up. I'm still working from home till January - but have definitely noticed a morning and evening uptick while I've been about.

Memorial service was good ... very well attended by friends/co-workers (didn't know anyone except direct relatives and a few friends) - so she obviously touched a lot of people along the way. Sunday was a pleasant day at the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. Interesting place - and the garden courtyards were something to behold for sure.

Had a chance encounter with a Rolling Stone on the way out of the museum (well - encounter is stretching it!). Was walking by as Ronnie Wood and family were getting out of a limo and sneaking into a building...

Ended up taking yesterday off as well. DD picked up the head cold that has been going around the house, so she wasn't running and I couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to go by myself.

SBee - come on! Even you must be a little spooked by weird sounds in the night! What experiences you have.

Back in action today with the shop ride. Not quite 30 at a brisk high-18's pace.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
SB - boy those noises would totally freak me out! Backpacking gears (bikepacking too) are constantly being updated and of course getting pricey. I found out that our 2-person tent does not fit on the handlebars of my new Salsa Journeyman. (It did on the straight handlebars of my Mtb), so I’m hoping to buy a smaller one person tent. Man, good ones are north of $500!!

Zoj - sitting in a training class is ok but dealing with the traffic would not be fun.

Geo - I saw the pictures of the garden. Didn’t you post pictures of another garden with beautiful statues and sculptures?

2-mile walk during lunch. Then 3000yds OWS. The temp was much nicer (high 70’s). My arms felt cooler every time they were in the air…weird sensation.

Well, we are heading to Kauai tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes indeed those noises freaked me out, here I am telling the newbie nothing scary out there and then getting scared and snuggling my bivy up to the tents. At first I was thinking but its only a baby wolf but really the wolves spook me even though they always ignore us.
Yo-safe travels and keep up the consistency!

Geo-glad the memorial was so well attended and nice riding!
and Zo I guess its sort of dipping your toe into the daily grind.

My proposal has moved to the bargaining phase so I may be back on the travel to work wagon soon. Its so hard to decide if travel is "worth it" things are pretty safe here and just the travel itself has gotten kind of crazed. We shall see... I am signed up for a gravel ride on the 11th a few hundred miles away. I had signed up with 2 friends now they can't/won't go. With air quality back and forth (that area has been in the red zone 2 of the last 4 days and orange now) I am leaning towards cancelling and trying next year, the hotel and travle cost much more than the event so I'm thinking jsut cancel that part and move on.

The smoke on Tuesday was still bad. I did my second strength/agility workout in a row. I got behind between the rescues and the soreness after. I signed up for a 3 day a week schedule and weekly check in. I feel like i need to catch up but I'm not sure if daily workouts are a good idea. There are 3 different workouts in a week but they are targeting the same weak spots and movement issues.

I haven't' been on my bike in some weeks, there's the summer crowds and the endless bad air, when the air has cleared I've run off to hike. I hope we get some decent fall riding days soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts