Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sprint race on Saturday, so taper-ish week...

In the lake today for an OWS - really need to get back into the pool for some speed work! but that'll happen AFTER vacation lol....about 1/2 mile or so, taking it easy and concentrated on head position...and proceeded to find pockets of weeds that I need to note on our map for them to address when they come to treat the lake next week. :)

Yo - got some calf sleeves? I would be wearing those suckers a TON! will def help! also easy self massage would be good too. hope it feels better!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Zoj - good idea on the calf sleeve! Good luck with taking some well deserved taper week.

2-mile walk during lunch. Then 5mile run. Left shoulder that I was massaging using a cane was sore, and headache was bad and legs didn’t want to go…. Boy I realized I was so lucky that I didn’t have a bad headache during the sat race.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
A belated congrats on the AG win, Yo! And well done for lining up a new race already. Hopefully not as many miles as there is to the moon!

No brillliant ideas on how to get the bike down. Maybe you can find some triathlon group down there and borrow one?

Back from DC. No exercise over the 3 days - although walked around Annapolis quite a bit on Sunday (visiting the Naval Academy and the state house, and just generally wandering around). Unfortunately quite rainy - so not the best tourist day. Did get to meet DS's GF for the first time. Seem like a good couple (she's nice). Also - in other good news - DS had an interview today and thought it went very well ... onto the next rounds, so hopefully employed again soon. In bad news, FCancer (DW's sister losing the battle).

Today - got out for the local shop ride. 5 riders at a pretty brisk pace (low 19's over hi-20 miles). Needed the physical and mental release.

Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts