Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - nice on the swim and run! Mass is opening up more, so maybe, just maybe my gym will open up and I can get back into the pool. It has been a minute.

SB - glad you are feeling better. Did you have COVID-19 at some point before you were vaccinated?

usual dog walk this am, Ageless strength workout and 45 min on the trainer. At some point it will warm up enough for me to get outside on the bike. I have turned into such a wuss.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Goodness, SB - By your description the vet was definitely a better choice! Sounds like quite a struggle. But yes - Yo, everything I read said "let the professional do it" (and after almost killing myself trying to take apart a garage door a number of years back, those are wise words!). The threat of accidentally breaking something off - as SB says - can lead to an undetected shard of quill working it's way in and puncturing something vital (even weeks after the incident).

Swimming - hah! What's that. Speaking of - DD is moving into an apt. complex with a small pool/gym attached - so maybe she'll find herself getting back into it a bit in the future.

Went out for the shop ride of 2 (me and the owner) again today ... About 22 miles including going to the start and riding home. Hopefully he gets more traction in the neighborhood! He's a nice guy - was leading some cycling safety workshops at the middle school this past weekend, so definitely striving to be community oriented.

Geo.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Porcupine and dog - yikes pitchfork to hold down a dog?! Sounds like a serious procedure to avoid further damage....

Swimming - SB, do you have a plan on a long Swim this summer? Swim rescue sounds like a technical skill required. Good luck with the training!
Geo - it would be nice for DD to get back into swimming, eh? Local masters swim club would love to have her, for state meet competition!

2-mile walk during lunch and then 1-hr ride on my Pony. I tried a saddle a friend of my let me borrow, Brooks England. I liked it a lot. It is pretty hard and no cushion. But to my surprise it is very comfortable. My Stumpy’s seat has badly worn out and needs a replacement... but what troubled me was it took forever to put a new seat on the seat post. Grrrr. Got to have an easier way...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yo I ride Brooks and Rivet cyclery saddles. If you like the Brooks check out Rivet they used to have a try before you buy program. Its a woman cyclist who designs them. I do have to fiddle some to get seats swapped out on my Rosie (warbird) but its gotten easier over time. Someone..who was in the dog house partially wrecked my well broken in Rivet saddle and I also need another. Just ordered some flat pedals to try as cycling season is around the corner. My spd's clog so badly when I ride in mud that I am going to go to the dark side to try flats..

I plan on swimming more lakes around here and perhaps having friends out to create our own lake event depending on how the whole covid/travel thing rolls out.

Yesterday I finished up the skin of the dome and had a walk and 2.75 virtual meters in the EP. Today all day meetings and a heavy delivery that needs to be uncrated so probably just a basic walk and some yoga I guess.

As for the dog, we wedged his head between pitchfork tines so he couldn't pull away, it was horrible, glad you had a vet!! well worth it save money anywhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts