Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed you all yesterday! Woops!

Sounds like you guys are having/had some adventures! The most I do is day hikes as I can't carry much due to my back. Though we do want to hike into and out of the Grand Canyon in the near future, so will have to figure that out.

yesterday - while waiting for the weather to break - ended up at the gym for another weight session...(3) in the past week!

Today - a bit over 3.3 mile run...getting down to the wire for the Run to Home Base this Saturday...

Yes, Yo - low humidity weather finally got here!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Look at you being a gym rat! And me not ... sigh. Core in the winter?

Went for a nice ride after work, now that the weather broke. 23 small rolling miles @ 18+ pace. I'll take it! Also two short walks with the dog/

Do any of you watch Working Moms? Funny - but embarrassing for sure. Not for prudes...

geo

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Way to get in a gym session zoj! I have no access to a gym now. I need to do something about that soon..... until then, my basement and a few weights/my own body weight got to do.

Geo - Nice speed, you must be a natural athlete (yea, look at your speed when you run especially not that often). And I am cracking up about your comment on Working Moms.... DH has been watching it - I pass by the TV room here and there and always something 'questionable' (lol) things are going on or being said, and I was just saying to him 'WTH are you watching??' No worries, your secret stays here :)

Oh workout. Rode my Pony to REI, to buy extra stakes for our tent. I was kinda sorta looking for lighter 2-person tent to upgrade our 10+yrs old REI tent. Well, this was my lucky day - I saw Big Agnes Cupper Supur HV UL2 tent - two of my GF's have this tent (using the Eric canal tour) - in the Garage Sales area. We have had a good luck with their Garage sales over the years. Yep another good buy. It's $500 tent + $70 footprint (MSRP)... drum roll please.... I paid $260 for it. Used 6 days the tag said, "ended up not liking it". A store employee helped me to set it up so I could make sure nothing wrong with it. Well, a couple who was shopping near me offered me additional help to check it around while telling me how great this tent was. Ha, SOLD!! I had a small camelback on me (I was planning to stop by Trader Joe's on my way back) so I carried the tent in it and rode back home with all smile :)

As I type this, DH is laughing out loud while watching the Working Moms. All good :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yo good job snagging that tent. I have the UL3 and A&A whom I backpack with often have the 2 they stand up well to wind and are easy to pitch, the one thing to be sure of is to attach the little velcros on the fly to the poles right away (2 different people had poles break when they skipped this step). For our sandy ground we've all swapped out 4 of the poles for slightly larger ones...

I did 1/2 my strength training workout it really helps to stretch out my back but I was too tired and sore to do the whole thing. I tried to catch up but haven't' gotten there yet. There are several people coming from different areas of the country to hike the so called National Scenic Trail we were on and the Forest Service asked us to document the situation for them. The route is gorgeous and full of wildlife but its not a trail and requires a lot of backcountry skills AND the areas marked as reliable water had none (there is water elsewhere but far away) with hundreds of downed trees, willows over the trial creating danger and mostly lack of trial requiring navigation a likely disaster for those expecting a trail type condition and the camping is frankly terrible so we're workign together to get something out quickly after which I owe a trip report and photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts