Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Thor! Hope you get to pop in more often.

hi gang - slacker posting! I did my long ride on the trainer on Saturday as while the weather turned out ok, I didn't want to ride outside by myself so I ended up with just over 2 hours on the trainer. Then grocery shopping with DD to get her stuff for her apartment. Sunday we headed into JP early and got her situated and then I headed back before the storm.

Monday - 2.5 mile run - tried out some Hokas that we picked up on sale at REI while in Nevada...very cushy! jury is still out, but they aren't bad.
Today - hour on the trainer...took it easy.

DD is off starting Law School and overwhelmed and unsure this is what she wants to do. on the phone with her for several hours last night - giving her the opportunity to not feel so alone - even if it was me doing the dishes while she listened. She can do this, but the stress (I'd say 75% self-induced) is so high. I will see her Thursday at her graduation ceremony from UMASS Boston - need to get her flowers.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Zoj - you are something else.. 2-hr trainer ride on a decent summer day?!? You are so dedicated to your training. About your DD, I’m sure many young people who head out to a grad school, new job, or quitting a job etc etc are overwhelmed and self-doubt. We’ve all been there…. The only way to find out is to try, step forward and see. Hard to know what to say as a mom, too. Hang in there, she will figure this out.

2-mile walk during lunch. It was hot, 100 heat index. Then after work about 2300yd OWS. Water was nice! Headache was 1-1.5 /5 all day, manageable.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I'm with y'all on the parenting. Bright kids will work it out - we all know that, but it's hard to convince THEM. Being present is the best you can do...

Thor - Thanks for the visit (and return from time-to-time). DD was grateful for your input. She did 18 over the weekend. Unfortunately - blister. The first experience with friction ... but did 9:15-20 for the run on a hot and sticky day. Good to see you riding as well! And yes - you're still a speed demon, whatever you turn your sights to (except swimming?). Must be a great experience to have family soccer with the kid. Good that your community encourages the program ... adults have fun, enjoy PLAY with the kids, keep cardio, and get to help on skills/tactics in game ... multiple wins.

Myself - back on the exercise track for the fist time in a few weeks (hopefully). Managed to mainly shake off the head cold today and get out for a 35 mile ride (well - 37 with short jaunt to start) with the local shop. Had a good stretch on gravel....

Now to get back to running again ...

Oh - and kids are back in town for memorial service (DD here today; DS Thursday). Good to have them around for the time - even with the circumstances. DS is off to PHI this weekend (so short visit); but DD is hanging out a bit longer. I think she likes the pampering....

Geo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts