Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - hope DD is feeling better! Not sure how I missed that.

Geo - nice on the running pace! I was in my jacket and long pants yesterday - pretty windy in my neck of the woods...

Today - usual dog walk this am and then full body strength and 45 min on the trainer. I did mark the start to my official tri training ...12 weeks out from REV3 New England...not until May tho, so that's good lol.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
DD is doing well, no pain meds. Just can’t open her moth open enough to eat anything other than liquid and soft.

Zoj - what distance? Good to have a target race!

3000yd lunch time swim. Then 6.5mile walk /run. Just felt tired so I didn’t fight to keep running. Beautiful spring day (mid 50’s)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Funny to actually HAVE events again. I want to say that Seacoast Century is a one-day affair this year, but they are having it at least. Not sure if I'll do it. I did my own version last year for 10 years in a row, but it would be nice to have an official collection of 10 magnets! How are you going to do the swim training, Zoj? Any pools open around where you are? Maybe Yo can team-up!

Myself - did another group ride of two with the bike shop owner. Nice to get out there for 25 or so, with a half-mile stretch of gravel thrown in for good measure...

geo

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yo-I think I should ship you some coyotes and wolves to take care of the rabbits.
Good to see the rest of you have spring. We had a bit of a melt out in the last week and I got the dome ready to receive its plastic cover (another victim of supply chain delays although as much our reliance on china and disruption of petroleum as covid).
Geo-re appliances I ended up getting many of ours from a New York supplier that could somehow drop ship when others couldn't. (Appliances Connections) ABT also helped with the washer/dryer so you might want to shop a bit farther afield. Many of my old appliances started failing once i was at home using them steadily, most of what was here had been brought here used 12 years before we moved in.
I have been slowly improving or not, on the warm days as snow mold (my kryptonite) started releasing spores, I was getting worse off as the one irritated system seemed to set off the other and hte various trial drugs made me very out of it. So the current snowstorm is offering a reprieve or I'm recovering who knows. I am suddenly being contacted by docs and J&J over and over as they are now worried however my doc says J&J will still not provide any treatment guidance, she is warned to watch out for blood clots as well as other side effects but no info on how to wathc or treat. It will be 3 weeks on Friday, hope I'm out of the woods by then! I only have hives on my neck now so an overall improvement I suppose.
I sort of gave up between meds making me sleepy super allergies malign my head hurt and endless itching and coughing I haven't' done more than light walking in a week. I tried swimming but it made it itch worse. So I will try for a walk in the snow today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts