Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the commute to/from the office count as a workout? lol

Actually had to get dressed in work clothes and head into the Contractor's for a pre-design review meeting. Drive in was fine, home - traffic - yahoo! NOT! But that meant a longer day and my workout got pushed to when I got home, which stunk because it was a beautiful sunny day in the upper 70s. Great day for an outdoor ride. boo.

On the trainer, normally would do 45 min to an hour, but didn't want to push the knee, so did 30 min. Feels better immediately when I am done, but is stiffening up again. Time for dinner and than ice.

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Going to office and sitting nicely in a meeting Wook’s definitely counts as a workout! I get so tired when I do that….

2 mile walk during lunch. And then 6.3mile run. It was ok. I saw my primary doc for my annual and pushed the issue of difficulty to run. She sent me to get a lung CT scan and another heart-related imaging test. I’m hoping lung test would show something. But I’m skeptical - when there is no baseline lung capacity how would they know if It is compromised??

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Oy. Hope your knee starts to feel better Zoj!

Yo - She claims one and done, but we'll see. I think she prefers the half (only done one of those as well - technically). She thought she could have gone a bit faster (I'm pretty sure she could have as well), but she finished with a smile, didn't hate the entire experience, and overall had fun with a supportive crowd and an interesting course (ran through the zoo for a bit, and around a pond/lake and by the waterfront some) - so as far as one-and-done, I think she's happy with the result: Results for #2149 - TESSA OAKES - Baltimore Running Festival - SVE Timing

Ended up catching up with stuff today (grocery shopping, etc), so didn't work out. Hope to get back at it tomorrow. Did walk quite a bit (12-13 miles on her marathon day, and about 10 around Washington DC) - sandwiched inbetween the long drives, but didn't work out otherwise over the weekend.

Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts