Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another commute day - a couple of miles short today (38ish?). Nice views of sunrise over Little Bay, although a mite chilly (sub 20 with 10 degree wind chill).

Turns out the talk about a mileage PR was a bit premature. For some reason, I thought it was 5607 miles; turns out last year's total was 5670+ miles ... and there's no way I'm hitting that.

Still ... will end up a skosh over 5600, and considering the late 2014 start (my 2013 total was already 328 miles by the 2014 start date) - it was definitely a strong riding season. So ... 6000 miles in 2015 is my challenge (along with losing that excess avoirdupois).

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Hey all, just popping in to say hi. I've been horribly sick for the past 3 weeks. Sadly I caught something on my trip and combined with my asthma and jet lag I ended up with a lovely case of pneumonia. Even the new tri-gear under the tree didn't cheer me up! I'm starting to come out of it and hoping to get back to some normalcy here soon.

I'm happy to read that everyone had a great holiday! :)

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Oh Tammy that's awful! Hugs. :(

Burpees for cardio and different PT work today. The mini-me has croup and coughed so hard she puked...on me. Travel plans for the New Year may be scrapped.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Bummer on the sickness all around. So far so good on health for me but my workouts are suffering. Today I missed since I slept through my alarm after a dose of benedryl and I forgot my workout clothes to go to the gym at lunch. I'm off tomorrow though and we already have a new strength class to try at FitRev and a new spin class to try on Wednesday. We are certainly getting the most out of our 10 class groupon deal. I may try to elliptical after work and get in an episode of Grimm.

Feel better everyone and happy new year if I don't check in tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Geo - considering the injury early on the year, you did great! Hefty goal in 2015 - good for you!
TT - sorry to hear you were down for that long. Here to the better days ahead of you!
Sparty - sorry to hear Wren's sickness. I'm sure your folks are looking forward to seeing the little ones. I'm heading to TC as I type. Will check out the "cherry drop" there as supposed to "ball drop" at the midnight.
MQ - sounds like exciting collection of workouts ahead of you !

7.5miles at DS's HS track. 400-800-1200-1600-1200-800-400 with 400 easy jog between was the main part. The suggested pace was 8:00. Felt great and strong and I was hitting 1:51 per lap in the early going like a clock work. So stayed at that. That's 7:24 pace and I did 7:26 for the 1600 in the middle of the ladder. A bit faster on the way down. Lower HR than the last week's speed work. And shorter recovery time to cover 400m. My fitness is improving nicely. Definitely the power of consistency. Had a massage prior to the run. Boy my back was tight. But I certainly didn't feel that during the run afterwards.
Looking forward to no run day tomorrow!

Enjoy the last day of 2014 - look back at the positives!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
TT and Sparty kids: Get better!
Geo: I am so impressed. Sounds like a great goal for 2015!
Yo sake: You are doing great! Keep it up!
Me: X3 Agility, ab workout and long walk on a cold day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts