Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it is just getting started likely. So, I am sitting in a lounge in the Atlanta airport. My connection has been canceled due to fog in Peoria IL. So now I have to wait a few hours and hopefully catch a flight to Chicago, then drive the 2.5 hours south to Peoria. By then I will be well over the 24 hour awake mark, since I just hit 20 hours and have 3.5 hours before a flight I might make. Yuck. Also, the 10 hour flight from Suttgart about did me in to start with.<br><br>
I wish airports still had lockers, I could go for a run. But at least I am in the lounge, which means free beer.<br><br>
Nothing left to do but go over the women only threads....<br><br>
Jim

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
You're close!<br>
Well...90 min close.<br><br>
Give Tithers a call. She's close too.<br><br>
lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm passing some good luck your way man. It's been a tad icy here in Madison today and a dumping of snow is on its way. Can't imagine its much different southeast of here. Hopefully you'll get a small window of good weather in Chi-town.<br><br>
Bringing back any good bier, Jaegarschnitzel, or doeners?

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
WTF..you're in ATLANTA and didn't CALL ME?

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
Hey...when are you flying back through? Got a layover?<br><br>
I flew from Munich to Atlanta once...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No layovers....at least none planned! The way things are going I might still be here. Stupid fog.<br><br>
T-Girl, I snuck through here two weeks ago, but you were probably insode hiding from the snow and temps in the teens while I was here!<br><br><br>
Jahona, I bring those super strong euros over here and leave with my suitcases packed full!

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
Otay...let me know if you get stuck on the way back. I'll bring you a peach or something.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It almost worked on the way over in early Jan to attend the CC swim clinic, but we were through traffic that day. A little more advanced planning might have made it happen.<br><br>
I come from Northern CA, so not many GA peaches (the fruit) impress me.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Too late for me!<br><br>
Travel safe! Lot's of fog. I'm about 20 miles from Ohare, and according to what I'm looking at the fog is suppose to be around until early morning. Sorry about that..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I am booked on a flight in an hour. The last flight that left here for O'Hare didn't have any issues as far as I know, so hopefully they will take us in. I am really looking forward to the drive down to Peoria on zero sleep. Should be fun.<br><br>
I like being on my laptop here, because the clock is still on Deutschland time.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Do you work for Caterpillar? That's the only thing I can think of in Peoria. Not to offend any Peorians....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CAT is my customer.<br><br>
I made it!! 2:20am local time. I think I will hit the treadmill for a quick run, then hit the sack for about 3 hours.

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's brutal, Jim. I'm lucky that my flights home are direct from Deutschland to Toronto - it's only a couple hours by car from the airport. Enjoy your stay back home, with your power-super-vitamin-Euros! I'll stay here and keep the country going while you're away!<br><br>
Bradley

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
just in time for 8-12 in snow for us. Right after it rains some more. This is freaky.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You are going to look Sooooo hungover when you meet your client.<br><br>
Which is probably better than if he thinks you are a triathlete. People understand drunks more than they understand running at 2 30 am.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I share your pain I am stuck in charlotte and will arrive in Hartford, with any luck, before dawn. My meetings have been cancelled and reinstated several times while i was enroute so I don't actually know if I need to be there early or not nor how long i'm staying. Any tri peps in Hartford CT/ Or Waltham MA where i'll eb over the weekend and possibly into next week. Is it too cold to swim in Long Island sound?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts