Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around where I get to live and run, there's a woman who totally dominates her age group. Meet <a href="http://www.athlinks.com/myresults.aspx?rid=17564270" target="_blank">Becky Yencharis</a>.<br><br>
She was there at my first race this year on May 5th.<br><br>
She was there when I set a new PR on June 16th.<br><br>
She was there when I broke 30 minutes on Saturday, July 21st.<br><br>
88 years old. I don't think I've seen her running, but she just gets out there walking week after week. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
My co-worker is friends with her, used to run with her. I see her all the time too, she is an inspiration!!!!! <b>Theia</b> knows her because Becky takes classes that she teaches. She is an amazing woman, I hope I am half as active when I am her age. Oh, who are we kidding, I am half as active now!!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The info below is from an annual race in my former home town. Notice the 3rd place winner's time and age. He has been running this race since he was 5 years old and has improved by about a minute per year. He truly dominates his age group. He is a very special talent and will go a long ways on his legs if he chooses to do so.<br><br>
Gold Rush<br>
Run 2006 -<br>
5K - 5 KM,<br>
08/10/2006<br>
OfficialPlace Name HomeTown Sex AgeRaceDay BibNumber Time<br>
1 Gosselin, James Timmins, ON m 29 102 15:21.70<br>
2 Gauthier, Sylvain Timmins, ON M 32 16 16:58.63<br>
3 Bourget, Jerémie Timmins, ON M 13 118 17:19.81

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
We have Elaine. She wins this race alot<br>
I Believe she was 81 at this race last fall.<br><br>
Portsmouth 5K Mile<br>
Place Bib NAME CITY Time Time Pace<br>
1 865 ELAINE M SIEGRIST APPLETON 0:39 30:39 9:52

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
....and of course there is Ed Whitlock, who was running sub 3 hr marathons at the age of 73. He is the only human 70 or older to run under 3 hrs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts