Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some discomfort around the 4th and 5th metatarsels of my right foot. I felt it after my run on Saturday, not at all on Sunday, and started feeling it half way through my run today and off and on all day today when i walk on it. I just started breaking in a new pair of shoes a few weeks ago, so part of me is convinced it might be the shoes. I had a similar pain in my other foot a while back and my podiatrist said it was probably something about the (new) shoes I was wearing so to get different ones. My damn feet are "sensitive" about shoes, and the type I need are limited. Anyway, what do ya'll suggest I do? What would you do?<br><br>
I can't decide if I should:<br>
a) call doctor right now to schedule appointment<br>
b) go get different shoes and try those (if I am not having foot discomfort)<br>
c) rest a few days and stick with current shoes, see what happens.<br><br>
Obviously if the discomfort persists I will call the doctor, but I don't want to jump the gun and pay for an appointment if what I am convinced he'll end up telling me is change shoes. It's been the reoccuring solution.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Based on what you've described of problems with other shoes in the past, I'd go with option b, but don't run at all for a couple of days. If the pain doesn't diminish after a day or two, then go to option a, I think.<br><br>
That sounds like pain I've had when I tied my shoelaces too tight. It usually takes a couple of days to get better.<br><br>
Feel better!

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
ice it too. Sounds like it is shoe related. is it a new shoe all together? (new model/brand?)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have definitely been icing it a couple times a day.<br><br>
It's same brand of shoe I have been wearing, but the next model - I was wearing the Asics Gel Foundation 6, and now I am in the 7 (since I can't get 6 anymore). The shoe is still a motion control shoe, but there must be just enough of a difference that it could be causing me issues.<br><br>
Foot isn't really bothering me this morning, and the hurtiness diminished over the course of the day yesterday. This is really leading me to think it might be the shoes. Today is an off day, so I'll see how it feels today and I guess go from there.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Try adjusting how your shoes are tied. Loosen the laces over the affected area. I agree with what diablita said...about tying your shoelaces. This has happened to me in new shoes. Once the shoes loosen up a bit, it goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts