Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Thursday, Oct. 13 - WORKOUTS!

523 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  cak73 
#1 ·
<p>Good morning, friends!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alaska Mike: Nice run yesterday, and great to see you back in the daily bread thread!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3.5 to 4 mile run early this morning in a down pouring rain.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If the rain subsides today, I might join up with a local club for their Thursday evening Pub Run for a few more miles.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great day, gang!</p>

#3 ·
<p>Julie:  I could not agree more.  I swear this week has lasted 2 weeks or at least 10 days...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thor: Jamie's Pub run?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me: I was supposed to do a 65 minute interval workout on the computrainer this am but I was too tired and got up late and then spent time getting Hubster's lunch ready then got on the bike for 45 minutes just spinning at 90 rpm so I could leave the house at a decent time to get into the office.  I should have just gone ahead with the planned workout and spent the time at home on the bike rather than hours in the car sitting in traffic.  Those are 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.  Barry Manilow songs were the highlight of the trip.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next week is a rest week.  Goodness I need this rest week like you read about.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope everyone else's Thursday is better. </p>

#4 ·
<p>Thor - thanks!  Feels good to be working out again somewhat consistently.  I'm trying to figure out what I need to shake up in order to refocus myself.  New goals, different workouts, new coach...  Feels like things have gotten too stale and perhaps I've allowed my job to be an excuse for not setting high goals for myself.  Thinking through a lot of things right now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Julie - hang in there, you have a lot of people on this forum who are pulling for you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yoshi - I'm still catching up, sorry to hear about your injuries.  Heal quickly and utilize the recovery time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On the exercise bike this morning.  60 min of random profile with the power ranging from 74 to 230 watts.  FIB 15 min of lunges, planks, pushups and crunches.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day, everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike</p>

#5 ·
<p>Lunchtime run was very painful, even cut short.  Thinking now that maybe it's the shoes I wore today, although I've been using them as my back-up shoes for the past 3 months and have about 100 miles on them with no issues.  But maybe they only work well for me as long as everything is happy and as soon as something isn't they aggravate it.  Dunno.  Will pull them from circulation and hope for the best.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Trainer workout this evening, not sure yet what format.</p>

#6 ·
<p>Daily run. Ran over to watch my son's XC meet in the next town away. He did OK and may make the team going to regionals. Some really fast HS runners as the top 15 were all under 17 minutes with the winner at 16:02.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>------------------------------------------------------</p>
<p>1h 04m 36s - 7.53 miles - 08m 35s/Mi<br><br>
1:25 PM <br><br><br>
Equipment: Saucony Kinvara 2<br><br>
Warm/low 70s - Sunny and light wind. Ran from home over to Fountain/Ft. Carson High School to watch Donnie's XC meet. Path to Watson/Willis/Security/Widefield to trail to Fountain Creek Trail to Hanson Park to Hwy 85 to Ohio to Jimmy Camp to school. Nice steady pace run. Stretching afterward.</p>

#7 ·
<p>Hmmm....heck of a Thursday out there today! Here's to Friday. :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>KenpoX here too...looking forward to either a short easy run tomorrow or DOR. Super hilly 12-miler scheduled for Saturday, then last long one next weekend. Can't believe the marathon is a month away - eek!</p>

#8 ·
<p>Jen - I didn't know you were training for a marathon - Which one?  That reminded me of the Catalina Marathon - I really want to do it some day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My run attempt today was.. a mixed bag.  Rib still hurt but it was relatively obvious to me it wasn't getting worse so I ran as much as I could put up with the pain.  Additional discomfort came from the freakin' pinky toe injured almost 5 weeks ago!!  So I ran barefoot on the grass, which was better.  2 miles.  Strength exercises.</p>
<p>Then 50min on the exercise bike while kids were in their activities.  I am moving at least, in an effort to save some fitness. </p>

#9 ·
Pt fib 15min of run drills

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.