Kick Runners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thursday! For some reason, this week feels like it's flying by!

Tammy: Hope you are feeling better.
MoCo: Sure hope that chafing is felling better, you poor thing!

Me: P90X3 yoga and 6 miles walking. I am loving P90X3. Only 30 minutes and so much variety. Great program!!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Julie: I agree. At times the week feels like sludge, barely moving, and other times I'm like, woah, it's Thursday already. Wait until tomorrow. I typically work from home on Friday's, but not this week, so it'll probably seem forever, especially with an all-day meeting tomorrow!

Me...

5 mile run early this dark morning. 1.5 miles left I caught up to a friend, who was running in the direction I was going, so I slowed and chatted with him until we reached my house. Nice to re-connect.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Been gone a while dealing with injuries. After my two fall marathons, I stared having problems with my glutes and hammies. I just had soreness from my lower back down to the back of my knees. Decided that rest was the best solution.

Ran today for the first time in about two weeks. 6 miles with Tim, Chris, Sue and Matt. Hammies were tired at the end of the run. I'll try and ease back into it and keep up with the foam roller and strengthening exercises.

Mike

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ran 1.85 miles on Tuesday with Tracy. Hiked 5 miles on Wednesday on the trails of a conservatory.

Today I ran 3.65 miles, just nice and easy to get out and explore the area.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
How nice to see all these relaxing workouts! You'd almost think it was the off-season :)

Ellipticating in the fitness center for me (40 minutes), talking politics, sports, and science fiction movies with my cube-neighbor and also ellipticating-neighbor for the day ...

Yes - damp out, so weeny-ing the commute....

Geo.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
5.3 miles with the peeps this a.m. without hubster. FIB strength work I am trying to get back into.

Looked at house in Reading today during lunch. Not sure what to do about it. Needs lots of thinking and some answers about a freestanding structure option for hubster's workshop so I can park in a garage.
Wake tonight for swim friend's dad.
Dinner tonight with college sorority friends. Been YEARS since I've seen some of them.

Funny on the movie reference. Generally on xmas eve I like to watch muppet Christmas carol. Last year I was not able to do so and I missed it terribly. Not making that choice this year. Maybe I'll watch it earlier in the month. I've never seen any Chevy Chase vacation movie to this day. No particular reason why. Julie, I'll be over if you are cooking. :)

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
There are some nice get-together (current friend, old friend, cube-neighbor, eliplitical-neighbor, etc) going!

Alaska M - good to see you back. Hopefully no more injuries as you head to the Boston training.
X - enjoy exploring the area and sun (hopefully). It will be windy and cold when you get back...

DOR. Need to clean the bike and change the tire. The report from the race site (some GIRLBIKERS are up there) sounds aweful. Rain and snow all day long, oh, and gusty wind. 80% chance of rain on Sat. Newly cut-out singletrack is really really sandy. Looks like DH is going to do the race. Maybe this is the race I can beat him...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
MQ-nice to find a swim buddy

I returned home from Houston today! I met a winter swim buddy and a year round one for a fantastic clear water OW swim. The water is staying warm late, So Cal has warm air conditions and it just happened to be super clear and super low tide! We went over 2 miles because we were enjoying the scenery. My chafed "seat area" still feels raw and the salt water was quite stinging at first. Perhaps I need to try some diaper cream??
MoCo-how is your chafed area? Did anything help?

In Houston I had difficulty finding places that seemed safe to workout which was primarily walking. I had the donut ride Sunday, Monday I walked more miles than I meant to in the arboretum area but they were a little scary winding hidden narrow trails (keep worrying about people jumping out) and when I got back at last there were cops in the parking lot. Tuesday I walked 4 miles along the "shopping district" safe but flat and boring, Wednesday memorial part and the Bayou Bend gardens for 1.5 hours. If I go back I'll have to be more careful about finding a hotel with a good gym.

And finally, catching up from Monday, for Thanksgiving my favorite part is the morning workout since most of my weekend peeps have the am off we coordinate cooking duty and swim times or paddle times (or both). Then rush back to get the meal going. I usually do all the cooking for a group of friends and BF's family. There is always family drama but my friends and I just eat dessert and laugh. Second most favorite is trying my dad's complicated recipes for the turkey and knowing he's doing the same on the other coast. Brining and smoking and all kinds of different things (no frying though). Often I'll do a test run a week or so before and we do start to get tired of turkey at the end.

Too many of us are out with pain and amongst the swimmers, too many shoulder issues :( I've had a tight lower back for a week. Last week it was super sore and I managed to work out the knots but all the travel since has kept it tightening up, I need to figure out what else to do (my pt exercises get it moving again but aren't overcoming the initial problem).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts