Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How? HOW??? did I miss yesterday???

anyhoo...2.6 mile run yesterday - pretty nice out.

today not so much - smutzy rainy - so on the trainer and did a Rouvy ride instead of trainer road. Those are tougher. Guess I should be doing them more. :)

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Continuing my slacking March (nothing yesterday - just walking, though ended up with 12K plus steps). Today was back on Zwift for a 20 mile jaunt. Respectable pace with hard effort on sprint/KOM segments, but not all out.

Smutzy rain here now... I like that phrase!

DD is on her way home next week for another extended visit - and DS for a shorter visit the next week. In some ways I'll miss it when COVID's over! (well - really only in that one way).

Help 'em grow, Yo! (although we're kind of softies about money as well - where smaller amounts are concerned). Still - the sooner she starts developing her financial independence the better, for sure...

Good luck with the paper maze, SB.

Geo

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I guess this is my slacker week its been warm in the afternoons making the snow mushy all the piles of paper are gone through and almsot all filed! One more day and I should be looking good again. I managed a 4 mile walk picking up some neighbors along the way.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Yeah this weather, at the end of winter, and everything else makes all of us kinda blah... and slack off.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, having a clear expectation on both sides is a good way to navigate a grownup relationship I guess. (We are still paying for her cell phone bill, car insurance and such....)

2-mile walk during lunch. And got to work 7 to get things done... :(. And lost opp to ride outside. So did the NYC Ballet workout DVD. This is a perfect combination of soothing music, low key stretching and strengthening exercises when you don’t have much motivation to work out hard.

So... what does your time for getting vaccinations look like in your area? Today I received a text to allow me to schedule one - I don’t know why since DH not a few friends in my AG haven’t received any text. Anyway the time slots available doesn’t work for me as we head out to Utah for vacation next week. I’m kinda not excited simply because some potential raw material shortage issues may blow up in my face during my vacay.... I really don’t want to address the issues while I’m out having a good time.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yeah this weather, at the end of winter, and everything else makes all of us kinda blah... and slack off.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, having a clear expectation on both sides is a good way to navigate a grownup relationship I guess. (We are still paying for her cell phone bill, car insurance and such....)

2-mile walk during lunch. And got to work 7 to get things done... :(. And lost opp to ride outside. So did the NYC Ballet workout DVD. This is a perfect combination of soothing music, low key stretching and strengthening exercises when you don’t have much motivation to work out hard.

So... what does your time for getting vaccinations look like in your area? Today I received a text to allow me to schedule one - I don’t know why since DH not a few friends in my AG haven’t received any text. Anyway the time slots available doesn’t work for me as we head out to Utah for vacation next week. I’m kinda not excited simply because some potential raw material shortage issues may blow up in my face during my vacay.... I really don’t want to address the issues while I’m out having a good time.
Hey Yo I replied to your FB post and oops if you are going next week be aware that in the high country where you are going its still mostly winter but partially mud season, I'd consider carefully about Escalante. I just spoke to people that tried to get in there its all dirt roads or super deep mud just now. Brian head just got dumped on you might get some good x-c skiing around there and Cedar breaks!

I have been fighting a vax battle, our county is ready for anyone over 18 but I am a bit of trouble and need it near a hospital "in case" so I asked to be put on a list for when that can happen. That means a different county and suddenly the insanity begins. My Doctor’s assistant, who is in that (teton) county keeps accusing me of trying to "steal" vaccine from their residents while my county says their county already stole from them so I should be allowed a shot there...then they tried to send me on a 10 hour drive to a different county that can’t give the stuff away. I wanted to wait my turn for this exception but am having no luck. I may get the vax here then have someone drive me the 2 hours to the hospital the reactions amongst my relatives are @ 3 days out. I am certainly allergic to PEG and somewhat less so to polysorbate 80, these are ingredients in the vaccines and my usual luck is to be allergic to random gums and additives but not actual products and here we go again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts