Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
400 mile canal boat tour? Tell me more! Sounds flat ...

Was on Zwift briefly yesterday (<10 miles) until app froze, so I just quit.

Got up this AM to do 20 miles with Thor (who waves hello). It was kind of fun - but texting is a bit awkward!. Going to have to figure out how to actually get on a voice server to zwift and talk at the same time (looks like the Discord app is the way to go). I'm actually hoping this works out, because I've never found Zwift as social as I thought it would be .... Maybe the next time I do it I'll join a chat room with a bunch of Zwift randoms and see what the activity is like...

Geo.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
I had to look if I really said 'boat' tour, lol..... maybe your typo, Geo, it is bike tour. Yes it's flat. Parks & Trails New York :: Cycle Erie Bike Tour (ptny.org) A few of my bike friends are into this stuff and they/I originally thought we would do our own thing, but this supported tour came to our radar and considering all the costs and what's included, etc., we decided to do this tour instead of creating our own.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Can't believe it has been a year - hoping the upcoming hearings shed more light and lead to more arrests...

Boat tour - bike tour - either one sounds GREAT! lol

Geo - nice that you could to "ride" with Thor...he needs to pop in here more often.

45 min on the trainer at lunch today. Currently at the dealership with my daughter's car getting new tires, alignment and sensors...

Hoping for a decent snow storm tomorrow!

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
It's so terribly sad that the many (R) who criticized the ex-Pres harshly right after the last Jan 6 now appears to have forgotten all about it..... ugh.

Very nice that you got up early to meet up with Thor. Let us know how the 'chat' room works - if it works in the way I am imaging, it should be fun and motivating to ride with others while having a fun conversation, just like real rides!

Zoj - Which car is the new tires for? Mazda? Wait, is Geo the Mazda fan? I also will get new tires for my CR-V tomorrow. Lasted over 80K miles (the original tires), so new tires just in time for new snow.

2-mile walk during lunch time in the subdivision. Half-ass shoveling job on some sidewalk causes super slippering surface. I should have worn spiked shoes. Luckily didn't fall. After work, ran 6.3miles, 95% on snowy or icy surface. My trusted spiked rubber sole covers worked beautifully. (I know I shouldn't overtrust this thing...) cold and dark but I had a good run. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Another foot of snow today its starting to look like a proper winter where we are in a sea of white the animals are struggling to swim through it though.
Ended up workign on plowing and not getting much exercise at all and then going to a SAR meeting in town. I kept wanting to get out in the storm but then it was too hard and too deep

I think we need a boat and bike tour like the ferry to Martha's vineyard then a tour of the vineyard or something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts