Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Thursday, Jan 27 - Workouts!

244 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Swimmerbee 
#1 ·
Or not.
I got my first shingles shot yesterday afternoon and woke up in the middle of the night with a ripping headache and a fever. Oof. Fever is gone, but headache is still around and feeling nauseous off and on. yuk.

SO no work out for me today and we'll see about bowling tonight. Hope to get back on the bike tomorrow.

SB - good luck with the car search!

Yo - personally, if you have a PT place that you like to use, I would keep that in mind when choosing a doctor to go to - you wouldn't want to be required to go to a specific PT that is affiliated with a particular doctor. (if that makes any sense). Have fun on your camp out!

#2 ·
Ouch. Still have to get that (shingles shot). Sorry it hit you so bad!

And good luck with the car, SB. Unfortunately it's a better time to be a seller than a buyer (or at least, it was that way a few months ago). Not sure if the used car shortage hit your area. I faithfully track workouts on mapmyrun, and have strava synched to the trainer (and import GPS workouts on the road into there). I don't think I've ever manually tracked workouts - but I can see the appeal.

As far as teeth Yo, mine are terrible. Chips in my two front teeth - and not even sure where they come from, couple of root canals,a missing tooth, one implant etc. I think I just must have very soft teeth - because it's not like I don't brush, floss, or go to the dentist regularly. I'm blaming it on lack of fluoride in my childhood or bad British genes. At any rate - I'd love to get a full set of 8 on 8 implants or whatever - do some dental tourism in Costa Rica or something.

Did not workout with Thor. Apparently his mother passed away this week - so a crazy week for him. I ended up doing a Mt. Zwift climb after work (3200+ feet of climbing in 7 miles). Whew...

Geo.

#3 ·
Yo-funny to have the Subie affiliation. Talk to me about waitingI am thinking the prices wont' come down and my current car is on the brink so ordering now will save me from an emergency but if you think otherwise...I will need new tires and a head gasket rebuild to make it through summer, maybe a trip to CA junkyards too. The first vehicle I drove was a tractor but the first car was a subie and I'm looking at an ascent. i was going to buy one early 2020 and we know how that went. My 2004 outback is having more and more issues, many with the CA compliant emissions and those parts are nearly impossible to get CA restrictions means I can't get parts shipped or installed out of CA, had to do some fancy things and agree in writing that I would never bring the car back to CA in addition because the CA certifications are so onerous there are other parts that simply aren't made any more and I'd have to go to CA and look in the junk yards (the computer recognizes if I put a non-CA certified part in and starts shutting down the whole car). Well now one of those parts I had to dance around for is failing and there's all those other things. So I kept trying to hold on but CA got me again.... I'm looking at (about to put a deposit on) an Ascent unless someone talks me out of it, it wont' get here til May. So that's why I finally decided I better do this now, I think the current car will last til May (it will keep throwing codes for the emissions).
I've been thinking about various options, the options I'd like would require a big upgrade into the push start/fob/apps things that seem not to work well here so after a few days of that I decided I'll live with a key and walking down to the car to let it warm up. I am also not so happy with the upholstery choices but I can always get covers.
The dealer was encouraging me to sell my old car direct vs trade in since the market is so good even for what we call a "beater with a heater" but again with the complicated emissions issue I will probably just pass the mess on to the dealer. The Ascent seems better for the various possible accidents here (vs moose and elk and cattle or pick-up/utility truck) and for when I do travel to Salt Lake or Idaho and stock up. I also want to tow my side by side and the towing capacity of the outback is uncomfortably close to the likely total towed weight.

Geo-Do pass our condolences on to Thor. Sorry about the teeth I have the opposite problem and wish we could mix ours together. My teeth are too hard and tend to pop off any restorations, I had too much fluoride as a kid and have fluorosis in my teeth and bones.

Yo and Zo you can use your own PT with the doctor you choose (not all Docs tell you this but it is the law) but the PT's always seem to have the back stories on which docs patients recover the best and for the pt's I know (older well established) their preference of which docs to work always seems to result in the best outcome.

And for Thursday I had a lto of exercise. Went through my second day of my new strength training program (had to have it drastically altered when I had the pelvic infection then took teem off now I feel like I'm learning to use my body all over again).
Next well work and car shopping, then PT. Then a 5 mile xc ski along a groomed road that climbs towards Elkhart Park Yo will drive that road this summer if she decides to go into to Winds from that popular trailhead) for now its unplowed and groomed for skis and snow machines. Took a friend who is learning to ski so I went up and down and up again as she made her way along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.