Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, made it! shot #3 today - now ~6 weeks to see if they helped.

SO nothing today. snowing now, potential for a snowshoe tomorrow with the dog.
Finally, FINALLY, getting our kitchen, stairs and upstairs hardwood floors refinished starting tomorrow.

Geo - hope you are feeling better - not COIVD right?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Zo fingers crossed for you!
Everyone is getting snow yay!
I hope Geo is feeling better I ordered poles form KTP its so hard to convince google to help me find what I want!
I have been busy working then training for the 29 mil x-c ski and the 13 k thats on the 27th. Today I go out at 6 am its dark temp is -5 and i pushed myself to 16 miles but after my feet were acting up (fine when skiing just bad after) so I wrote to the race director to ask to drop to the 13 mile because i'm afraid I'll do some damage to my silly foot pushing to go farther. The training ski was fun I saw some ermine swimming through the snow at one of my higher turn-arounds, I took 2 different trials to get my mileage and saw a handful of snow machines, one stopped and asked me for a map! I've been doing lots of yoga and just basic 45 minute sessions in the PE, so far its working !

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Zoj - hope the shot works! You guys sound like very motivated to get the house updated. Good on you!
Geo - feeling better!? I hope.
SB - 6am at -5F?!?! That is some serious motivation. 13miles sound like a lot of ski. I have realized, comparing my speed to DH’s, I have no technique on xc skies. I’m just using my fitness to push that thing.

another 3k swim. The pool is getting more crowded. Like a good secret is out. Ugh.
After work was another playing on snow. DH wanted ski while I didn’t feel working out hard. So carol and I went for snowshoeing- 1:20. A good workout. And felt much warmer (at mid 20’s) tonight.

I stayed up last night for Serena-Naomi quarter final at Australian open. Boy Serena couldn't do much against Naomi. Ok so my question is, they managed to live air the quarter final at 10pm EST. But final is going to be 3am EST?! Why...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Got all excited with the word "shots" (then realized it wasn't COVID-related ;) ). Hope that you feel some improvement like the Doc hoped.

And yes - feeling better, and not COVID as far as I know. I'm basically a social shut-in except grocery shopping, and DW has tested negative twice over the past week (potential contact) - so pretty sure she doesn't have it either. DW was feeling cruddy over the weekend, so I think I just was trailing her by a few days. At any rate - on Zwift today for 19 miles, and out snowshoeing with the dog - so feel pretty much back to normal. It was strange to feel so lethargic...

And Ermine ... another one to add to your collection of wildlife! Sheesh... For some reason I imagine they are comical to watch. Hope the poles work out for you, SB!

You look like you're having a fine time on skis, Yo - technique be damned! Are you skating or doing the traditional Nordic thing? I have to say, skating looks like a lot of effort...I try my best with the old style Nordic shuffling, but I definitely could improve as well. I don't think Nordic Track translates especially well to the real world technique-wise...

geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts