Kick Runners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Date night last night with the honey. Funny, a few nights ago she told me she put in for a contest to win tickets to "Guess who's coming to town for a quick concert?" My favorite band! I hadn't known they were coming, so I Googled around a bit. That's when I found online another contest from a different radio station (one I listen to) for tickets to the concert. It was appealing because although it was a far drive, it was in a very small venue. I had never seen this band in concert but know they put on a **** good show. We never thought we'd go. We wouldn't win tickets. And we wouldn't be able to find a babysitter. Well, I got a call at work on Tuesday saying I won! And so we went. So even though she didn't win the tickets for me, her attempt set in motion for us to go. Really intimate venue for a concert to see your favorite band even if it is a short show. Fun time. Late night.

Me...

4.5 mile run early this cold and wet morning. Timed a truck just perfectly so that as it drove by, it hit a puddle and soaked me through. Lucky me in that cold water!

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
If only you knew someone who lived in that town. :(

45 minutes on the trainer for me last night.

Reactions: cak73

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Thor: Band? Location?

Hubster and I decided to try Fit Rev with a groupon. We each bought 10 classes for $20 and started today with a fit cross class at 6:15 a.m. Boy am I out of shape strength-wise. I have plenty of cardio fitness but my strength sucked. My arms were already feeling it just with washing my hair. So I'm telling B that I'm pretty sure triathlon klilled my killer abs and strength fitness. I used to be in better shape I swear. He laughs.

Great day everyone!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Weights scare me :)

40 minutes on the exercise bike. Wish they had real spin bikes in the gym, because those saddles do not fit my posterior at all. 14.6 virtual road miles....

Geo.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Nice Thor! I like O.A.R.

Hope the East Coast is drying up.
I really need to renew my commitment to the strength (particularly hip) exercises. I did 30min. yesterday.

Tempo run day. 8 miles total with 6miles at MP. With wind and some uphills/downhills, I just can't get the pace down. Ave. 8:36. HR ave'd at mid-150. Trying to tell myself to slow down, no point of running faster than the recommended pace, avoid injuries.

Excited about the first Wrestling meet tonight. Will see if I can handle watching somebody trying to hurt DS.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
For all you people talking about strength, I am telling you P90X3 is the ticket! 6-7 days a week, 30 minutes a day. 3 Month program, changes each month. Flexibility, Strength and a little cardio (think cardio with weights, plyo). I love it and you don't have to think about what you are doing, just hit play and listen to Tony.

Thor: Sounds like fun!

Me: X3 lower eccentric and 30 minute run/walk on the TM. Slowly adding runs after 8 days off. Trying to find that balance with the knees.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
1:45:00 on the trainer this morning.
TrainerRoad Moose's Tooth ("6x6-minute over-under intervals with 1-minute valleys at 95% FTP and 2-minute peaks that ascend to 105% FTP; recoveries between over-unders are 9-minutes long"). The recoveries were a bit long, 6 minutes would have been better.
Really wanted to ride at least 2 hours since I'll be away Fri-Wed (and away from the pool and the bike), but got a late start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts