Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W/DD back in the house, motivated myself to get up and run with her (1-ish hours - 6.75-ish miles). 9 mm pace - so not so fast beside first couple of miles brisker. Still stupidly humid in the area - even though temps weren't too bad @ 7AM.

Another treat tomorrow - hiking with both kids, up one of the further away and smaller 4000' footers (Mt. Waumbek - which is apparently 4006 feet). Sounds like it's a fairly easy hike (about 7 miles, not particularly steep) - so should be fun.

Geo

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Busy week for me. I have been doing an hour a day of wood stacking. An hour T,W and today of strength/agility/movement training and a lot of walking around while working out a new work contract.

I am taking a newbie and a haven't' in a while/not sure I can hiker out for a trial overnight backpack tomorrow so more rushing around. I've been trying out Caltopo vs gaia gaps now that outside owns gaia its losing some robustness and increasing in cost so I guess this will be the time to do a side by side comparison. I'm also trying to print out maps and an orienteering challenge for our overnight.

So Geo we'll be hiking "together" on opposite sides of the country.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
How sweet is that, Geo, to hike another 4000-footer with kiddos! Safe trip!

SB - you too have a good backpacking trip!

Just 30 min Neck and shoulder workouts. I had a massage yesterday and I have been doing those exercises. And today I had only minor headache. Yay!
DH’s 55th birthday today. A full course dinner with a wine pairing with each course. Yeah way too much drink I could handle.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Geo - that's awesome! I have to keep Mt. Waumbek in mind - I could use and "easy" hike lol

SB - have fun on your hike/overnight!

Yo - yay for minor headache! I so need to schedule a massage as well - will put that on my to do list for today. Happy 55 years to DH!

So today was DD's in person graduation ceremony from UMASS Boston - over 3000 students (undergraduate and graduate) walked. It was so good to see this! Everyone was wearing masks and they taped part of the ceremony, so it wasn't super long...but even still we didn't stay for the end and we left after DD walked...it was at 2.25 hours and still going. oof. BUT graduation in the TD Garden was VERY cool! then we headed over the Union Oyster House near Fanueil Hall. Fun fact - the UOH is owned and operated by a Norwich University Alum, so my son got to meet him along with another Norwich Alum who was having lunch on a stop over on his way to Afghanistan. A very emotional day for all. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts