8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Busy for me so right to it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>5.5 mile trail run early this morning with three others. We tried a new trail this morning. Trail was far less technical and was filled with many dead ends. Fun time. But very, very, very hot and humid -- so humid in fact that if you pushed the air aside it would rain down on you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Followed immediately by...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>16+ mile bike. Battery on bike computer died. No stats. Hard ride, but then again, all my rides are hard, as I don't ride all that often.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great day, Tri-peeps!</p>

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
<p>Morning all.  I had a great morning, hopefully will be a great day as I'm leaving early to play golf with 3 friends.  Can't wait.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But this morning swam in Lake Michigan with two of my buds, we did 2 miles in 1 hour approximately.  Water upper 60s nice, beautiful sun coming up.... then ran 30 minutes averaging 7:37 pace.  The last 3/4 mile we went down to 6:47, so it was a great workout.  Now a little work, then golf time!  Haven't played since last August.</p>

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
6 mile run in more fog this morning, followed by pushups, pullups and lateral/front raises with dumbbells.<br><br>
2 mile run with DW this afternoon followed by core.<br><br>
Great workouts to all!

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>I LOVE running in the fog.</p>
<p>Of course, I don't want to get hit by cars, so I wear my blinky vest, and stay on sidewalks, but it's sooooo peaceful running in the fog.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>6 miles this morning.</p>
<p>More consistent pace overall, but not sure if it's getting quicker yet or not. </p>
<p>Then, work with Lisa.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I might be starting a 5am "fit camp" on MWF w/ one of her staff people, then having a short run after twice a week.....haven't decided.</p>
<p>Sounds fun, potentially embarrassing, but fun.</p>

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
<p>Easy 3-mile lunchtime run planned for me as a way to start easing back into the routine.  Nothing else except a neighborhood BBQ on our back deck this evening.  That's a workout in itself, some might say.  A workout of the liver, that is.</p>

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
<p>very humiod even at 5:15 this morning.  did a run from the Y.  As I was starting out to meet running buddies another guy from the Y whom is always chatting it up with me was leaving also.  So I invited him to join us.  the good side was in order to introduce him to running buds I needed to know his name so I had to ask him.  You know how it goes in locker rooms and gyms, names don't usually get used.  Due to an injury of one of the others we headed for the school track.  Told new guy we were going to do 400m repeats.  Was quickly corrected by the others.  We ended up doing 7 laps then heading back.  Enjoyable run even with the heat.</p>

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
<p>1400 yds at the pool, with 5x100 repeats thrown in the middle...felt good throughout.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last night went to the pool with DD - she did 400 yds while I was doing my workout...her last 50 was in 56 sec...little fish!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>:)</p>

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
After a trying day with the infant who wants only to nurse and cry, I practically tossed himto Matt on my way upstairs to put on my bike shorts. 14 miles and 50 minutes later (16.6 mph avg - whoo hoo!) I'm loving the little guy again. First bike ride outdoors since last fall. I have the best husband ever!!

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
<p>Beth - glad you enjoyed the ride!!  It was a while ago but I did have those trying days.  My husband used to work in D.C. Mon-Thur while we lived in Cleveland.  I was handing 2-yo girl and a few month old son to him as soon as he stepped inside the house Thursday evening, and got out of house.  Good old days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Recovery day with 30min ride and now heading to 1500m or so swim while DS in martial arts. DD coming home from G.S. camp tomorrow night.</p>

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
<p>Run, progressive tempo, 1:30 with 42min in zn2, 20min rising thru zn3, 10min in zn4, 17min in zn2.</p>
<p>VERY sweaty.</p>
<p>Coincidentally, I experimented with G2 during my run today and it was okay, but I did have a gel about half way through.  Not many calories in it at all, though.</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
45 min in pain cave at a nice steady 180 watts and z2 with 6min per leg of 1 leg drills<br><br>
My bike came in! I get her tomorrow

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Managed a swim after work, 1300 m worth and it was a pleasant circle swimming experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.