Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
yesterday was busy with PT and then had to make myself presentable to go into the office. Stopped at the bike shop first to return the case and get my bike put back together...then spent a good 4 hours in the office. Do NOT miss that commute. Didn't get home until about 7 pm. No workout for me.

Yo - there is no way that I keep up my summer workout schedule through the winter. With CLASH done, it is officially off season for me until March. Ski season and the holidays are HERE!

oh yeah, booster shot yesterday morning. Arm sore in the afternoon and throughout the night. DH got his on Tuesday and is still having a fever off and on. Didn't sleep well last night, either from the arm, DH or both. Needless to say not feeling 100% today. Did manage to get my butt outside for a 2 mile run..super slow even by my standards. Glad I got it done, but we'll see if it was a smart idea or not. lol

Regarding the race track - yeah the ends are super banked, but not down by the grass infield where we were riding, so that was good.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
65F water swimming - not fun! Of course - I guess the same could be said about 20F riding :). Well - glad it's in the books, Zoj - even though it was a middling experience (and near crash sounds scary!). Still - got to turn it into a GF trip, and you were actually travelling! It's good to see you, Yo, and SBee keep the racing end of things up.

Last few days have been lame (no exercise). We're getting some long overdue maintenance done on our log home, and a couple of people were in fixing water-stained logs, and staining the interior walls for the first time (never had it done when the house was built). Looks much better - but boy, had I known how long the scent was going to linger I'd have waited until spring. So - for the past two days we've had the windows open and fans going throughout the day ... and we've been out of the house for supper. Can't imagine it's particularly healthy for us (or the dog) either - but it's subsiding somewhat. At least it isn't brutally cold! Did manage to get on the trainer today for a 15 mile Japan city/country jaunt (the first five were a "badge" challenge, so a bit faster). Will probably be on the trainer today and tomorrow as well - also have to put the house back together. Lots of putting back knick-knacks, dusting, and vacuuming. Also - getting the stereo put back together and trying to figure out where all the wires go :)

Geo.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Zoj - I am sure a traffic is hard to deal with after many months of working from home..... are you expected to be in the office on a regular basis? Hope the side effects from the booster shot will be gone soon. I am sure they will!

Geo - sounds like a major housework! Does log house need an exterior and interior painted or sealed every so often? Hope you don't have a wood pecker pecking your logs...! We have had the issue, just a two inch hole but at a bad location so DH had to patch it up.

What a day. Started with 6am meeting. And non-stop sh*t all over .... Knowing I had a dinner appo with two GF's then 9pm call with Japan, I was determined to get out no matter what for a lunch time swim. Success!!! Still did lots of super slow drills but I was able to squeeze 2900yd in a crowded pool in an hour. A birthday dinner for a GF, then the dreaded 9pm meeting. Ugh. Not a very value-added activity if you ask me. Then I needed to chase a few people in China trying to get certain things done (but I couldn't get what I needed out of this guy... UGH). I am so leaving my desk early tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thursday was my first day that I felt normalish. In SLC they found I was suffering from a bacterial infection (for 7 weeks) and started me on abs. This may not be the 100% solution so don't get too excited but going form crazy acute pain to aching and sore is great and for the very first time since this started I felt better and I was able to hike uphill doing a 2 mile up and down to "lunch rock". I slept without addition meds and I'm sleeping a ton. Winter also seriously arrived and we've got @ 6 inches of snow on the ground and sub zero night time temps.
Geo I have 2 beams I have to oil here and a porch, its a chore and I had the oil spilled on my head when helping a friend oil her place, it took a week for the smell to go away! When we bought this place it was devalued a bit because it was not log cabin style but I don't miss oiling and chinking at all!

Yo good work on the swim!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts