Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it that May is almost over?!?!? What the heck?!?! WHERE DID THE MONTH GO!

Oh and regarding marathons - the in person Boston Marathon has been officially canceled. It will be held as a virtual event from Sept 7-14. The BAA 5K has been canceled for 2020 and everyone will be getting a refund.

Yo- I was going to suggest the same thing...could it be exercise induced asthma? I had that many years ago, it would only manifest during running, nothing else. I used an inhaler for several years and then reduced to only when I raced. While I am sure I could still be using it, I don't race that often and know to ease off when breathing gets really tough, which fortunately, doesn't happen that often. :)

Run in the humid heavy and rainy air today. About 3 done.

SB - eek! the worst encounter I have had has been with a German Shepard several years ago...oh and an occasional snake or turkey while riding...

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
I should just get the blood work done for iron/hemoglobins level first then get pulse oximeter to oxygen level.

1:20 bike ride on dirt road on my Pony.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Repeated yesterday's ride (26.2) in the early AM. A bit slower today - but uneventful (unlike some people's rides!). Think two early morning ambition days is enough - so tomorrow plan to get up a bit earlier to log on at work, then go for a ride in the late afternoon instead ... maybe add a few more miles to 30 or so.

As far as wildlife, only thing we have going these days is a damned woodpecker putting holes in our trim/fascia boards! The perils of living in a log home in the woods.... Got up on a ladder to hang up the scary reflective tape. Hopefully that will fend him/her off. Also, a chipmunk in the garage this morning, a spider on my flip flop in the breezeway, and a small sink hole in our drive, no doubt caused by some burrowing critter!! I'd bear spray the lot of them if I could ;)

Zoj - I say go for the bike that makes you comfortable. If it's a road bike, so be it! Probably easier on the hills around you as well... I'm sure your local fitter would have some suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts