Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I dropped this week! whoops!

Yo - I am not sure it is nerve related. Nerve pain is pretty much more of a constant thing, not something that you can make happen by stretching - my opinion, not a doc. But having had a ton of experience with nerve pain in my leg due to my back, that isn't how nerve pain manifests. I would say it could be a ligament/tendon that isn't riding in its position quite right and when you load it that way, it hurts. Are you foam rolling your calves? working on ankle mobility? foam rolling your upper leg (think ITB, hip flexor and glute)??? All of those areas play a factor in foot/ankle movement. Sorry not much else I can think of.

Geo - what happened with your bike? parts?

Speaking of bikes, I am going back in for another saddle. I am using the bisaddle, but the one I have isn't holding position, so the manufacturer sent a new one and tomorrow will get it installed. Been using this saddle since the fall...fingers crossed that it keeps being good.

Wednesday - out on the road for 3 mile run - wind finally dropping off here.

Today - out on the road for some bike miles. Usual short 10+ mile loop. Legs were feeling the difference...oof...but felt pretty good (if not speedy), and nice to see the roads are pretty much clear of sand and debris. T-3.5 weeks to REV3 New England. EEK!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Zoj - thx for sharing your thought. You may be right. I do get all sorts of cramping on my left foot/calf only during a swim, these almost every time even I don’t run before a swim. Foam roller is in order as well as better hydration. Nice that you have a race in your calendar!

In a funk mood. Totally feeling blah. Stressful work continues. 2-mile walk. 7mile casual ride around neighborhood, with a hope to get feeling better. Nah. Pushed myself to a pool as planned. Very unspirited workout. Wanted to quit at about 2000yd. Jus kept on swimmin, kept on swimmin, and made to 3000 yds.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Oh - just wear parts (chain/new cassette). Also, new pedals. There's a clunking on rotation that I thought was bottom-bracket related, but got that seen to at the end of last year, and there's still a slight clunk. So - maybe well-worn pedals. We'll see. Oh - and manufacturing delays have held up the rack (Shanghai), so there's a backpack which didn't ship with the parts, but is hopefully coming soon.

On Zwift for 20 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts