·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or not.

injection #2 this am

nothing for me

plan is to snowshoe with the pup tomorrow

Yo - since I never really "injured" the ankle, I have absolutely NO idea why it does what it does. And of course I never have a DR or PT appointment when it acts up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well Zo my foot although many things can be found remains a similar mystery. Doc #2 was 10 days ago and did a different cortisone injection the top of my foot is still bruised 10 days later, and i'm not sure I think it made it slightly better. I am tempted to ask about the hyaluronic acid injections for my arthritic toe which is part of the equation. Seems like the right doc on the right day with the right injection is magic for these things but its so easy to go wrong I think nerve flossing and the footbeds form the ski shop orthotiticist help more than anything else I hope you find some relief. And if you haven't' tired nerve flossing you might (I like Brian Abelson's youtubes for it) and can't hurt.

SAR- some outside, unfortunately right when we started packing people in litters it started pouring snow so we ended up practicing in the parking bays. We did a lot of navigation exercises outside.

Since Tuesday nothing seems to flow right. Tuesday I skied 11 ish miles and tried to reunite a big snow machine group from which the youth had gotten separated and the adults had gone the wrong way.
Wed I squeezed in an easy snowshoe which wasn't easy with the extra 18 inches of crusty snow to crash through. Today I grabbed 10 miles x-c ski on the track with a neighbor then drove him and later my SO thorough the drive through covid vaccination process. Then I cam ehome and wished to eat ALL THE THINGS anything, every thing very hungry! I need to up my breakfast game (boiled egg and toast) and sadly my 30 year old, too short, ski pole cracked and so I hopped online ot order new ones...not so fast everything seems to be sold out. I guess i'll have to use my adjustable back country poles. I am using heavy bc gear for the track and upcoming races. I was jealous of my neighbor flying around on track skies while i was 3 pin bc/doens't fit in the tracks and heavy darn boots. Usually I dont' get to the track so it made sense.

Anyway too late now not much stock anywhere to be bought!

Next I need new laces, my boot lace broke as well. I hope those can be found!

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Zoj - that’s even harder to figure out what’s going on with your ankle. Boo. Maybe some old injury?
Geo - road biking is certainly dangerous mostly because of the others (cyclists and cars) and the road hazardous. But Mtb injuries are most likely riders’ faults. I’m lucky so far no serious injuries... a friend of mine just broke her collarbone... Speaking of internet connection, it must have been stressful and discouraging.. we just had AT&T upgrade ours. But not working smoothly so I had to work off of a hot spot of my cell phone pretty much all day.

Another 3000yd day. Quite a streak! Kinda tired so I used flippers more than usual. Call me cheater.
2 mile walk after work.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I've eaten two bowls of cereal pretty much every day for the last 40 years :) Not good about making breakfast suggestions ... My kids are much better about doing breakfast than I am! Is the Endless Pool still out of commission? I thought you were on the verge of getting that going again. And looks like KTP has poles in stock. Are you just looking locally? Cross Country Skiing Equipment | Nordic Skiing Gear | Kittery Trading Post

Got on the bike again today to visit Watopia. Only 15 miles, but about 7 of them uphill (Alpe du Zwift). Probably should have Nordic Tracked, but just didn't have the motivation...

Geo.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I've eaten two bowls of cereal pretty much every day for the last 40 years :) Not good about making breakfast suggestions ... My kids are much better about doing breakfast than I am! Is the Endless Pool still out of commission? I thought you were on the verge of getting that going again. And looks like KTP has poles in stock. Are you just looking locally? Cross Country Skiing Equipment | Nordic Skiing Gear | Kittery Trading Post

Got on the bike again today to visit Watopia. Only 15 miles, but about 7 of them uphill (Alpe du Zwift). Probably should have Nordic Tracked, but just didn't have the motivation...

Geo.
Thanks for the link I was looking online, locally there are aspens you could cut down I guess :) but I couldn't find anything much in my search KTP looks perfect!

I am trying cooking grains ahead of time then eating SO doens't like grains or cereal but I'm tired of making breakfast every day. So far the barley didn't' really work going to try mixing it with rice.

The EP is working after getting all the parts working then we had an issue with a "test" SO did on tape and covers that disintegrated into the pool and i had to wait for a warm enough day to drain and refill. Now refilled and heated of course i am behind on x-c training but with a weekend free of training and heavy snow continuing (and artic cold coming in later today)i figure I will be able to start using it again.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
About breakfast, I’m big fan of steel cut oatmeals. Throw that in crockpot the night before and add fruits/nuts/chocolate or whatever and you are good. However contrary to what you read, it doesn’t keep me full for a long time and I have to eat additional breakfast by 1030

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
About breakfast, I’m big fan of steel cut oatmeals. Throw that in crockpot the night before and add fruits/nuts/chocolate or whatever and you are good. However contrary to what you read, it doesn’t keep me full for a long time and I have to eat additional breakfast by 1030
That's my issue I get not just hungry but crazy hungry at times when its not convenient to eat more. Just now i get up early and work some then eat then work til I can take off to ski or workout but then I am so crazy hungry by 12:30 and my gels and bars wont' help. I have been trying o avoid getting back after dark but that's pushing me up against lunch hour! Perhaps i shoudl dig up some protien powder to add. SO asked about adding chocolate to it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts