Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on Zwift with Thor this morning. Managed to chat for about 20 minutes on an online chat server until network blips started breaking up conversation (he's doing well ... busy coaching kids sports, zwifting, and working). Will try again next week, but maybe just use the phone :) Oh - and we went about 20 miles in the hour.

Nice to know that your body is giving you a break from wonkiness, Yo! Nice to get that pretty long run in ... Is it easy running with a headlamp? (assuming that's what you do). I'm perfectly happy to hibernate from running until the spring. I'll let you two enjoy the running ...

Geo.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Geo - nice that you get to catch up with Thor - you need to tell him to pop in here.

Yo - have you had your shoulder looked at? that's a LOT of swimming when there is something going on. How is the strength in that arm? can you lift items overhead or lift your arm to take things down off a high shelf? not being able to lift it for a few days is not good. I am probably preaching to the choir, but you don't want it get so bad that you lose functionality right?

On the trainer at lunch for 45 min on TR. I need to sign up for Zwift again for a couple of months for variety...

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Zoj - I hear you. Thank you. Yeah I prob need to get my shoulder looked at. It’s just not quite bad enough to spend $$ (MRI would cost close $1k) yet. Other than the few days I had a hard time lifting my left arm, I’m good. I have strength lifting a gallon of milk, taking down big jar from above my shoulder on a shelf, etc. but I do know if I swim 3x/wk for more than 1hr each my shoulder gets really tight and sore, so I know my limit. Definitely strengthening exercises should help - I just need to do them more consistently.

Geo - running in the dark even with a headlamp is a cool experience if you ask me. It’s not bright like the bike light (at least mine isn’t) so you are kinda in the dark. For some reasons this puts me in a sense of me moving faster, smoother through a tunnel. So even I’m not running faster, I feel like I’m going faster. DH and I are just talking about a need to get more reflective/visible lights and jackets, however.

2-mile walk after work I had to give DD and her friend a ride to the airport around the lunch time today. (They are heading to DC for along weekend,). Then 3000yds swim. Took zoj’s advice and I did lots of other strokes :). Feel always good ti swim freestyle after other strokes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts