Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Thirsty Thursday, January 26th

725 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CMJHawk86 
#1 ·
<p>Morning yous guys</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staring at an easy 4 miles on the TM today.  Guess I need to get it over with.  Japanese Hibachi food last night.  Pretty sure their main ingredient is ex-lax.</p>

#2 ·
<p>BBS--I could have said the same for the pork sausage we had the other night.  Will. Not. Repeat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scheduled for a 6er today but I think I'm going to take a rest day.  I've been under so much stress this week and am feeling totally drained.  I think spending the day just chillin' is what I need.  Well, there's still cleaning and laundry to do...</p>

#4 ·
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - running from the runs?</p>
<p><strong>4boysmom</strong> - so what's this with the insurance adjuster?  Surely your broken Garmin wrist strap doesn't warrant that?</p>
<p><strong>Jebba</strong> - hope you feel better and keep the streak alive.</p>
<p><strong>kfuller</strong> - enjoy the afternoon run</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hit the indoor track last night for 5 * 1k.  Had no choice but to take it easy (10k to HM vs 5k pace) but I still feel wiped out today.   The flu like bug I can't shift plus not sleeping well until after 3am is sapping my energy.  Anyway, may get out for a lunch time shakeout run if I can wake up my body.</p>

#6 ·
<p>I lied.  Needed some stress relief so headed out for a trot in the miserable drizzle.  Legs super heavy, just nuthin' in the tank.  But, I do feel better.  Neighborhood short 4.  Didn't even look at the numbers.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as the insurance adjuster stuff, we're facing a possible lawsuit.  Totally bogus, but it's really upsetting.</p>

#7 ·
<p><strong>BBS</strong> and <strong>Mom</strong> -- You guys are gross.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Kevin</strong> -- Have a good rest day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> -- Nice job yesterday.  Now get your backside out there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> -- Good to hear how busy they're keeping you.  Enjoy the 'mill.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- 7 'mill miles in the books.  HR high for the effort.  Now for some wet work.</p>

#8 ·
<p>Got out and about for a slow and steady 5 miles.  Why is it that there's always at least 1 a-hole on the street that does not clear the sidewalk in front of their house?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - one day I'll use my HRM again.  Enjoy the coordinated splashing later.</p>
<p><strong>4boysmom</strong> - Hopefully things work out but some people are just a-holes.  See above for a simple example.</p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> - miles repeats?  Yikes!  Have fun.</p>

#9 ·
<p><span style="color:#ff0000;">posted this on the wrong day...   but that shows you what kind of day I am having!!</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jebba -  sorry not feeling well, you must have caught the cybernetic germs from RA!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hawk - hopefully it's not raining down there if it's an outdoor run because crappy weather here!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Still doing my 4m repeat.  Did 4 on Tuesday on the TM, off on Wednesday and today will be 4 outside.  Can't get to the TM, so it will be outside in the cold dreary wet temps.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy trails all </p>

#10 ·
<p>Good Day, Kicksters.</p>
<p>   This week I am alternating run days with lift days because I've been so negligent to upper-body strength. The early returns suggest this may pay off with a more balanced base-building program. Today was a run day and I got in four miles. Best run I've had in over a week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good runs, all</p>

#12 ·
<p>Good evening everyone.  I got in a nice 5 miles today on a route I know is 5 miles.  Got outside and my Garmin ran out of battery power.  So I did time the run.  Last mile had to be fast as I could feel I was pushing the pace.  8:15 average pace, and hopefully after some speedwork etc... It will not feel that tough. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>4bm-  I hope all goes well with your current situation. </p>

#13 ·
<p>Well the rain didn't come this evening, at least not yet. And that meant I could get out to the track for those repeats. Ran around the oval in the darkness, 49 degrees and calm. First 1600 in a relaxed 6:24, then 6:22. Finally on the last one I decided to hold the same level of effort for the first 800, then step it up a little for the second 800 -- ended up at 6:12. Very pleased with the outcome.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Time to grab a couple hours of shut-eye. Early fishbowl in the AM. Should have been in bed already but had chores to do.</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.