Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

The world didn't end Saturday 5.21.11

1208 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tomwhite
<p>I was right  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck Heme and Happyfeat as you race this weekend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Leaving in a few minutes to get to my relay exchange.  My leg is only 4.2 miles.  Signed in a masters' team from San Antonio last night who say they can run our winning time from last year.  Going to be some racing going on this morning!  We ran 2:50 last year and think we'll probably have to go 2:45 this year to be on the podium.  Only 6:18 per mile average. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll report in sometime after the race.</p>
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
<p>HI all; I'm back!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Say hi to dad for us TW; I"m sure he'll be glad to see ya.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>OM-I've run Disney once.  Not as much inside the park as I thought and there are some boring back roads.  But all in all a good race to run.  If you put your name on your Bib the park characters will cheer for you.  Pretty flat course will one nasty overpass about 23 or 24 as I recall.  Freezing cold waiting to start the race (off weather year) and then pretty humid during the race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Laura - I've missed hearing from you.  Interesting shoes; hope they work for you.  At my age I'd be afraid to try.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Enoy your run Erika.  The eggs and cheese part of breakfast sounds greta.  My wife would love it all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well we finished rd master and 17th oa. of 2575 registered teams.  Brutal hot and 90% humidity; wind at our backs made it worse.  I ran 6:20 flat and my team oa ran 6:16.   We finished in 2:43 and change which was 6 + minutes faster than last year.  But we were delegated to 3rd place.  1st ran <strong>2:37</strong> and second ran 2:41.   We can get the second place team next year.  One was from Houston and one from San Antonio.  If were hand picked 6 masters from CC we couldn't run 2:37.   OA winning time was 2:17 w/course record around 2:07.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next race not till July 4th so I've got time to train for a while.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day; sorry no looting yet.  :)</p>
See less See more
<p>Heme has some killer racing instinct.  I like that! :)    Nice racing Heme</p>
<p> </p>
1 - 3 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.