Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.bean.com" target="_blank">www.bean.com</a><br><br>
anyone heard or used one?<br><br>
i woke up to an infomercial on saturday and saw this. as much as i hate to admit to it i actually ordered one after a little research. my main focus is my growing belly, however i would like some upper body toning, not really any muscle building. with a platform addition you can get several of these. i used to use a Total Gym at home for years but it broke and i found it a bit cumbersome. this i <i>think</i> wont be as cumbersome.<br><br><br><br>
so just wondering if anyone else has experience with this

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I would think it'd be a good idea for people that have trouble or balance issues where a stability ball cannot be used.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking a lot for my lower back issues, my roomate also has bad back issues so he'd be able to use it too.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
My friend has a Bean. It's sort of cool because you can put it on one side and do certain exercises, and then put it on its other side and do different things. Lots of core strengthening and stretching. Come to think of it, she never uses it, and maybe I can score it from her.<br><br>
It comes with a good assortment of illustrated exercises. Let us know how you like it, APRR Chuck.

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
I think bobby/770 has one. I don't think he liked it. PM him and see...

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
I've only used The Bean once, but I actually like the physioball/Fitball/Swiss ball (same thing) best of all. It's so versatile for core, stretching, pilates, and is great to use instead of a flat bench with dumbbells for weight workouts.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've used the balls before but i tend to get lower back pain from frequent use.<br><br>
ok, my BEAN came in Saturday. i haven't been feeling well, this weekend, between a cold and a kidney stone but i had to try it. Saturday was a quick 15 minute core session and a test run with the resissance band platform. not bad, i certainly will not bulk up.<br><br>
Sunday. the cold seems better the kidney still hurts but i'm doing a workout. i planned it for only 20 minutes, but ended up going for 40. aminly to focus on core and add some upper body to it. just by the nature of this equipment the legs and glutes will get some use, but i mean i got legs and buns of steel, <i>right?</i> well this morning my glutes are sore as well as my core. i guess that says something, what i'm not sure yet.<br><br>
tonight will be more core and maybe some hamstring.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day three of The Bean. obliques. OWWWW!!!!<br><br>
abs sore today...still, but a good ache not like i broke sumptin.<br>
tried the hamstring. i didn't feel that it really was able to get the right fulcrum point. next hamstring session i'll re position THE BEAN further up. left knee was sore today too, i wonder if it's from the hammy session? will try to note for future reference.<br><br>
tonight MAYBE a core workout after skating but some stretching for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts