Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all! was going to punt today...but got my butt outside and got in just under 3 mile run in the too warm and wet weather...

Corporate announced that they are changing our vacation and holiday benefits ... not for the better. Totally blows.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Zoj oh no on the holidays. It seems like most places have increased them but to the point where its hard as a consultant to get anything done because at least one critical contact is always on PTO.
Yesterday I got strength training in today not much so far. Back is still sore but not feeling the "tweak" anymore. I stayed up too late last night.finish files for the client when someoen was actually able to get off PTO in tiem to say "panic I need it friday" yet the file has yet to be opened. Oh well

SO and I still fighting the battle for someone to help with his cardiac issues. Since the CPC ordered the test no one is looking at it until his cardio appt in mid-feb. Cariology says PCP has to refer PCP says cardiology has access so they cna "decide"...outside clinics want a referral.. the new way medicine is practiced.. come in the ER or go away and get worse...

maybe a nap then a little snowshoe?

· Registered
4,233 Posts
Ooh. That's the suck, Zoj. I'll hit 10 years at my place this year - so 4/wks vacation I'll never take... Should make a resolution to be better about that! My place doesn't pay that great - but benefits have been solid (and commutable is always a win).

Glad the back isn't getting worse, SB (hopefully not jinxing it!). And wow - what cluster-f health care is... Your SO must be so frustrated (and you as well). You'd think they'd be a little more concerned about cardiac issues...

Totally spaced the long exchange Yo! Take lots of pics! And the marathon in Athens would be awesome, I'm sure. Another one your DH won't train for ;) ...

Yeah - I should ride outside (plenty of people do ...) but it's so sloppy and salty on and off. I'd rather stay on the inside with Zwift. Unfortunately snow has been NON EXISTENT - so no x-country skiing or snow-shoeing. It hasn't even been nearly cold enough to freeze bodies of water ... The snowmobile crowd must be really peeved. Seems like it gets harder every year...

Oh - and Zwifting again today. Did the TDZ stage 2 (in rather boring Richmond VA) - hard effort 20'ish miles in a little over 50 mins...

In other news, picking up a used bike for DS for a kind of belated xmas/just to be nice to him present (as he's still pretty frustrated about employment situation). 2005 Giant Carbon in fairly pristine shape ... it'll be a big step up from his 80's beefy steel Nishiki ... Hope he rides it!

Geo.

· Registered
8,451 Posts
SB - yeah that’s totally unacceptable responses from the med groups. We do hear lack of quality medical cares in remote areas (I would think your area would be considered as one) not sure tho that’s behind all that or just typical medicine practices in general…

Zoj - that sucks ….something better offered in exchange? I get 27 days and not enough :).

Geo - hope a new toy (to DS) would help lifting up his spirits. Not happy about the current job..? Did I post here that DD quit her job? Funny you brought up DH’s marathon training… so he doesn’t want miss his 15th Detroit marathon so he will be returning to US in the middle of Oct. He is pumped because the Greece marathon would be his training run!

I didn’t post yesterday. 5.5miles, finally saw the tree Mark hit. I don’t know what the F he was doing.. yes I heard lots of leaves there yes the sidewalk Wasn’t perfectly straight but WTF he was doing that hit the tree so hard but not to damage his bike even a bit. He was riding the Salsa Journeyer (gravel bike) I recommended and he received in April.

3.5miles walk after work. Totally lost an interest in doing something harder. :(.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts