Kick Runners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang!
sorry I MIA these past few days...no idea why.

Wednesday - got out on the road for a short run...ankle was fine. Ended up with 2.5 miles.
Thursday - nothing...1st orthovisc shot in my right knee (round 2 next week)
Today? - really want another down day, but KNOW I should do a weight workout, so that is the plan. Not allowed to run, ride or ski until Sunday.

Pushups continue every day - anywhere from 15-25. Added in a plank challenge. This week is 30 seconds/day....

Yo - the fact that you are out there running is HUGE! Are you planning on racing any time soon? How about ditching the watch for a while and not worrying about pace? Or how about doing some HR training, forcing yourself to stay in Zone 2? You are also doing so much MORE - swimming, hiking, riding, snowshoeing...enjoy ALL the activities and don't worry about the running. (I know, I know, easier said than done)

My daughter and I went out on the lake the other day with the pup and had some fun - need to bring the snowshoes home so we can trek in style.... :)

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Zoj - good to hear your ankle was ok. And thanks for your kind suggestions. I care little about the pace - it is just that a running is so hard..! Anyway, I’m very much enjoying all activities And happy i don’t feel any of “cooped up” feeling some may be suffering from.

We got like 3-4” snow, yay! Lunchtime 2-mile wall was quite challenging due to the sidewalk that wasn’t cleared of snow and cold wind. After work, we went to xc ski at nearby state park. The groomed trail was awesome! I don’t remember I ever skied such a nice trail. Wind was less but we saw only two skiers just finishing up. 1:40. It was a solid workout!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts