Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, nothing today - heading to the condo tonight to ski this weekend - will any luck our floors will be done by the time we get home on Sunday. Going to tape my knee just in case,

SB -5 at 6 am - eek! You are a better person than I am!

Geo - feel better!

Watched the woman's GS world championship. Dang those ladies can ski! And Michaela Shiffrin lost out on gold by 0:02 of a second!

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Zoj - hope you can enjoy skiing without discomfort!
Geo - classic ski. My ski set is so old (at least 25yrs), used one handed down from mother-in-law. 3-pin binding/boots that I can’t find replacement any longer.... DH took his and mine today to rei to get waxed. Wax-free ski didn’t mean not doing anything to take care of it, we learned.

2-mile walk during lunch. Then 1:15 snowshoeing at Proud Lake Rec area with DH and A&C. Saw two fat bikers. The trails where groomed/bikes were nicely packed but other areas were almost knee-high snow.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yo and Geo I am teaching a neighbor to xc ski. I started with 1 boot and 1 ski pushing and gliding and that actually helped my technique as well. Sure away back in high school I used to be coached and race but have forgotten it all. Its a bit different on snow machine track vs groomed ski trial too but I'm trying to get myself a bit faster. Anyway you might try scooting along on one ski and see if you learn anything. I'm always looking for new tips.

Ermines are adorable they sort of swim and leap around in the snow popping up and down, all white with that contrasting little black tail tip! There are so many small animals here I never saw before it always surprises me-weasel, badger, pine martin, ermine and wolverine so far. Supposedly there are some rare ferrets but I haven't' seen them yet.

I broke down today and ordered some skin skis that will fit in tracks, they wont' arrive in time for the upcoming "race' but I'll have them for later and next year. We are getting a lot of snow this month so should have good conditions for some time to come. The back country conditions have been bad and I'm hoping the snow will consolidate some as I'm itchy to get back there and get some turns in.

FOr today, friday I did an hour prerecorded wlal yoga class then spent the day painting support beams in the barn because SO wanted them painted. made my arms super tired!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts