Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out for a run at lunch - wasn't sure how far I was going to go, but felt decent enough for a "longer" run of 3.2 miles. cool temps and no sun helped immensely!

Yo - how do you structure your runs? always pushing? always trying to go faster? Could you be OVER training? I know that one intense/long endurance event requires longer recovery on my part. for example, had our RIZO ride this past Saturday, 52 miles with almost 2,000 feet of climbing. This week has been a recovery week, where my runs were on the shorter side, and I have only ridden once. I have NO expectations on pace or time for another week or so. you just did battle of waterloo right? and a quick trip to Hawaii with lots of hiking and snorkeling....all of that adds up and your body is still recovering. Don't over think it. :)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Emergency! I've lost all exercise mojo. Nothing for me yesterday or today, except dog walking. Ah well ... going to go riding tomorrow and hope next week is better.

Maybe it's weather limbo as we wait to truly turn the calendar to fall.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Zoj - thanks for sharing your thoughts. Well, there is no way I’m over training. When it comes to running any expectations or training are long gone - I’m just running if I can call this run-walk a run. Humidity makes it difficult for sure. It just feels something isn’t right with me, for some time now. When riding or swimming, my HR rarely go above 150. Running, it goes up above 150 easily and feels like my breathing gets laboring quickly. In the course of trying to find the root cause of my mini-stroke like systems a few years ago I did do a treadmill test and nothing was wrong. But how they really know - there is no base line go compared to right? My heart or lung isn’t functioning the way it used to, how can something that’s causing it be found?

Geo - it’s the weather, and after kids’ visits, etc…. You will get your mojo back soon! Well, that’s another reason to sing up for a run race! You will surprise yourself!!

2-mile walk and 5mile run before dropping off DH at a campsite with scouts. His Infiniti is on an injured list (brake and he refused to have a shop fixed it for $2k and he plans to do it himself but too busy with his work). So 2 nights alone - plan on spending more time reading and watching movies I wanted to watch!

Enjoy your weekend!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts