Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have hind and insport compression shorts. I think I got them from Dunhams for around $20 each. I mostly wore them a year or so ago to prevent thigh chafing. When it get's cold, I may use them for a second layer to protect the crotch region. The only dislike I have for them is that if I'm running in public with them I feel like I need to wear underwear with them (male camel toe...)

·
Registered
21 Posts
under armour (long version), $30, Sports Authority (local sporting goods chain). I wear them under non-running shorts. I anticipated wearing them under some of my longer running gear during winter running. I wore them today under a pair of cargo shorts for a walk I took. I wore them just to see how they worked only the second time I wore them. Today is when I noticed by thighs/groin area seemed warmer then with shorts, but my cargo shorts don't breath like running shorts. This will be a benefit in the cold.<br><br>
I prefer my running shorts, they are cooler and seem to offer more protection against chafing.<br><br>
Side note the long version goes to a few inches above the knees while the regular go about mid-thigh and cost about $25.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I just got a pair at Road Runner Sports this week. We're lucky enough to have a store close by. I got these:<br><br><a href="http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL894/" target="_blank">http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL894/</a><br><br>
I love them. I'm going to buy a couple more pairs. I always run in compression type shorts, or capris.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have the older version of the RRS compression shorts noted above. I realized they discontinued mine and substituted the new ones. I'm glad to hear that <i>someone</i> likes them...I'll give'em a try when I'm ready for new ones.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I do like them! I need to get some more because I've washed them several times already!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Raceready has some very nice compression shorts in Dryline fabric. The ones without the pockets are cheap: $22. The ones with all the pockets on the outside are about $5 more.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I run in Raceready. I like to pockets on the LD versions.<br><br>
For cold runs I simply pull on a pair of Hot Chilly long undies over my compression shorts. That's good for days when the temp is around freezing. Colder days require sweats.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I buy mine @ WalMart - whatever no-name brand they have. The $10 models I've been using have held up to numerous washings (line dry) - however I just notices yesterday that they're up to $12. They've been comfy and kept the cold wind from chafing my tender thighs.<br><br>
yar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts